Backing up Verizon S23 Ultra question

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have backed up my new S23 Ultra with Google One. It seems to be just a "backup service" as it doesn't actually remove the space the photos and videos are using from my phone. My iCloud backup actually utilizes the cloud and opens up that storage space. Is that a correct assumption? And if so, what can I use as a cloud service for the S23 Ultra to store my photos and videos and free up some storage space? Thanks for any help!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, if it removed the originals, it wouldn't be a backup. It would just be moving the files.

There's likely a way in Google Photos to only keep the cloud version and delete the original, but someone who actually uses it can correct me if I'm wrong

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for something that will move photo's and videos off your phone, Google Photo's or OneDrive will do this for you. Which you choose is up to you.

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
If you are looking for something that will move photo's and videos off your phone, Google Photo's or OneDrive will do this for you. Which you choose is up to you.
I'm looking for something that is integrated like on my iPhone, where you can still see the pictures but they are not stored on the phone but in the cloud, so you may need to "download" any that you select to show someone....not sure if that is coming off correctly or not

Reactions: Talderon
Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for something that is integrated like on my iPhone, where you can still see the pictures but they are not stored on the phone but in the cloud, so you may need to "download" any that you select to show someone....not sure if that is coming off correctly or not
I don’t think you understand how iCloud works, it does not back up anything to the cloud, it is a syncing service. If you delete a photo from your Mac photos app, it also will be wiped from being available on your iPhone as well.