ROM recommened.?

shouts23

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I am about to download the new Infected ROM that was posted 18 hours ago, but i can't figure out how it works because it doesn't say if i should wipe my phones memory or what to do.

bacampbell11

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
i've always found great performance and battery life with liquid's AOSP roms, but that won't look much different than cyanogenmod off the bat. you can always use themes or different icons though. Do you like aosp or sense more?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am about to download the new Infected ROM that was posted 18 hours ago, but i can't figure out how it works because it doesn't say if i should wipe my phones memory or what to do.

If you are changing to a different rom it is wise to always wipe all data and cache to avoid issues unless the developer post differently..

snowxracer

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Idk, it didn't work and basically crashed my phone.

Before you do anything, you need to do a Nandroid backup so you don't lose what you have.

Load the zip file that you downloaded to some place on your SD.

Wipe the phone data, cache, and dalvik cache, then install the .zip file you put on your SD.

You shouldn't have any problems at all.

Make sure that when the .zip is downloaded from the internet, that its a valid file. Try double clicking on it and make sure it opens in windows so that you can see the file structure underneath. I downloaded a ROM once and it was corrupt, and I had some issues when it went to load. I have loaded multiple Eternity ROMs though and never had an issue.

snowxracer

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
is it possible for me to keep my contacts or no?

Every time I have installed a ROM, as soon as it boots the first time, my backup assistant loads my contacts. I am sure there are ways to do this with TiBu but I haven't had the need to. Just to be safe though, I have gone into my contacts and exported them to a file on my SD, that way I always have another backup just in case.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried infected eternity today, going from cm7, and I did a clear data, wipe dalvik and then flashed. The ROM installed great and I used titanium backup to restore apps and data. After that, I could not get simple things like ringtones, market and media to work. Did I restore something I should not have? Or is this a problem with the ROM?

Also, is there a way to get backup assistant to work on the cm7 ROM? I can't find it on Verizon's website and its not in the market. Suggestions? I'm still syncing my contacts on Google regardless.

Thanks for the help. I went back to cm7 already, but might try eternity again.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried infected eternity today, going from cm7, and I did a clear data, wipe dalvik and then flashed. The ROM installed great and I used titanium backup to restore apps and data. After that, I could not get simple things like ringtones, market and media to work. Did I restore something I should not have? Or is this a problem with the ROM?

Also, is there a way to get backup assistant to work on the cm7 ROM? I can't find it on Verizon's website and its not in the market. Suggestions? I'm still syncing my contacts on Google regardless.

Thanks for the help. I went back to cm7 already, but might try eternity again.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Personal data from CM7 (ASOP) does not work with Sense Base ROMs, all sense composites have been removed so restoring setting from one to the other will crash the rom.