Does Keyboard Affect Voice to Text in AOSP?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just switched back from thundershed w IMO 6.1 to sense because I couldn't get voice to text to work well in a moving car or other place with noisy background. V to T works fine in Thundershed in a quiet environment but not in a car with motor running.

It was suggested that some other keyboard might help. Is it true that the voice to text function is affected by the keyboard? I thought it was a native android process only activated by the keyboard? Does each keyboard have its own voice to text algorithm?

In sense I use the same keyboard and voice to text works fine in my car. I thought I was using swiftkeyx but I am actually using smart keyboard.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
voice to text is not effected by what keyboard you are using its a native android thing. what could be effecting it is how well the microphone is working is aosp they have to code there own drivers and hack them to work with aosp. while your using a sense rom they can just use the proper drivers from htc sense witch might make your microphone work better

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I suspected as much. I love the lag free aosp but miss sense camera and sense voice to text. I keep going bqck and forth. I'll be in sense dor a while until the lag drives me nuts....then in aosp until I want talk to text or a great camera then back to sense.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, when you find a good Sense ROM that doesn't have a huge lag problem, please let the rest of us know. I was using BAMF 1.11 but got tired of the long delay when switching from portrait mode (in which I read most stuff) to landscape mode (two thumb typing mode). Liquid 3.2 is much faster in that respect, but there's no speed dial, problems with the soft keys lighting and I've only been using this ROM for a short time.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk