Ok, I'm rooted ... Now to flash my ROM - Help! Haha

mikewelch5

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have successfully rooted my first phone ever thanks to the nice write up and have removed the bloatware.

So now what? I see you can further customize by flashing your ROM. Is that correct? I wanted to try one of the honeycomb themes but I didn't see a how-to on this site (but in all honesty, I haven't looked anywhere but here)

If you guys don't mind, could you point me in the right direction with some helpful links? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Download "ROM manager", Do a full backup. I believe in rom manager it prompts you to first download and install clockwork recovery. Agree to this. Now you can boot to recovery (clockwork) and manage your backups and also install ROMs/kernels if you choose.

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
im curious about this too, I;m new to android and have been wondering what the step by step process was. BUMP!

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
One more thing I was wondering. If you back up the rom with rom manager, is it unnecessary to back up using titanium or should you back up your apps with titanium also?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Restoring a rom is all or nothing. You can't selectively restore apps or data from it. That's where apps like Titanium Backup and MyBackup Pro come in that allow you to backup apps, data, market links and other stuff and restore it to an entirely new rom. The backups in rom manager/cwm are mainly for you to go back to a fully functioning rom in the event that something goes wrong or you don't like the new rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87