editing notification toggles in Bamf 1.6.3

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
running Bamf 1.6.3, with notification bar setting-toggles mod applied

i know this set of toggles can be edited to, say, include something like "brightness" by editing a text file somewhere to "toggle brightness".
i've flashed the ROM, modified it, backed it up, and am now making small customizations--so i no longer have the origina ZIP file for it. just a backup via CMR.

anyone know where the text file's located?
or am i probably going to have to re-download the mod-zip, edit some file, then flash it again?

also, i'm not exactly sure of the icons
wifi, bluetooth, arrow up/down, gps, circle arrows, sound profile

those two--i'm not certain but--bare with me as i feel like a total noob for not knowing for certain:
arrow up/down=data on
circle arrows=force sync?

Last edited:

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Arrow up/down is 'data (mobile network) on', yep. The circle arrows are 'background data (syncing) on'.

Can't help you with the text file/editing thing, though. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: project.in.process

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
once again--total noob moment, i appreciate the reaffirmation :)

never use bluetooth, i'd rather replace it with brightness. i'm just not cool enough to own any bluetooth items with which i'd pair this phone.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Anytime! :p Also, I just found this post regarding the toggles. Lemme know if it works. I might try replacing the bluetooth toggle on mine later as well (I use bluetooth maybe once a month, at most).

yup--that's where it is.

i don't have r/w permissions, though--i think, with ESFileExplorer, so it's not saving it.
perhaps i have to try another method--but that's the file/location.
awesome, thanks Rem

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think super manager app gives u r/w ability

yeah, i downloaded it, granted root permission & access, and found the file--but i've yet to find the option to Edit using SuperManager & none of the icons on the bottom row give any description as to their use.
so i'm at a stand still until i can find the icon legend.

long pressing the file doesn't come up with any "edit" or "open as text" option.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Get root explorer, and not the free one. On the phone go to system>customize>mount r/w and edit the widget.txt. Save, mount back to r/o and reboot. There might be other ways with other apps, but this is the one I know works. Be careful that you get it right or your phone may not boot. Make a nandroid backup before you do it.

Reactions: Rem

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Get root explorer, and not the free one. On the phone go to system>customize>mount r/w and edit the widget.txt. Save, mount back to r/o and reboot.

was considering this purchase--but so far have been able to do everything i need (rooting) with ES File Explorer.

you like root explorer pro--worth the $3.99?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
SSETHV can tell you how to use supermanager if he checks in over here.

I never really use it so i cant really help ya out with specifics, i use oi filemanager mostly.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
gave in--bought RootExplorer ($3.99)

pretty horrible UI. really basic--no frills whatsoever compared to something like ESFileExplorer or SuperManager

still, found the file--edited it to "toggleBrightness", rebooted phone & it works.
sweeeettttt

thanks all

Reactions: Rem

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
was considering this purchase--but so far have been able to do everything i need (rooting) with ES File Explorer.

you like root explorer pro--worth the $3.99?

I think so. Yea it's not pretty but it just WORKS. You can go deeper into the phone with it then most, if not all, others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez