1. bexalynn's Avatar
    I was recently re-gifted a Samsung Galaxy S from US Cellular, but Sprint is my current cell phone provider (I have a Blackberry 8550 and absolutely hate it.) Since the Samsung Galaxy obviously doesn't use a SIM card since it's with US Cellular, I am wondering if there is a way to transfer my Sprint number to the new US Cellular phone so I can use that as my new phone. I don't really care about keeping my contacts or data from the Blackberry as long as I can switch to the new phone and start using it, but is there a way to switch over on a phone onto a Sprint phone number that is originally meant for US Cellular? Thanks!
    05-14-2012 07:46 AM
  2. Xopher's Avatar
    Switching CDMA devices between carriers is not easy.

    First, some of the carrier information is flashed onto the phone. That links things like SMS/MMS to the carrier. You can possibly reflash the phone, if Sprint has files available for the i500 series.

    Second, carriers have a registered database of ESNs for devices on their service. To get a phone switched, you may have to have the original carrier release the ESN from their system, and then convince Sprint to add it to their database. Most CDMA carriers won't do this.

    I know a few people have successfully switched carriers with CDMA handsets, but it either hasn't been easy, or some features don't work properly (like SMS). It is definitely not as easy as swapping out a GSM SIM.
    05-15-2012 08:22 AM
  3. Casketman's Avatar
    Yes you can bring your number with. I just did that yesterday.
    There was a delay of close to 2 hours for the full switch to happen. But the girl said 8pm and it should be all done and it was.

    Just have your sprint account number with you when you go into the store.
    05-16-2012 05:57 AM
  4. ftumph's Avatar
    Honestly, the easiest thing to do is probably to sell the Mesmerize on eBay and use the money to buy a used Sprint phone.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android Central Forums
    05-22-2012 05:03 PM