Galaxy Note 2- Home Wifi Issue

scw110489

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 2, and it kicks ass. A few weeks ago, Comcast came over to change our service since we moved. I forget exactly what they did, but they disabled their 'wireless' and made it so that our wireless connection is now through our own router. Ever since that day, I can't connect my phone to the wireless. The password/SSID remained the same, but whenever I try to connect my phone says "connected to (router name)", then the little WIFI Now symbol will go from green to grey and it will say "Failed for (router name)". I am aware this is likely a problem with our router because I can correct just fine to my work and other WIFIs, but it seems to be limited to my phone. My boyfriend said our XBOX won't connect to the WIFI either since Comcast changed. Has anyone had this issue and suggestions on how to fix it? I've tried resetting the router, our connection, forgetting the network, but the same error happens.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 2, and it kicks ass. A few weeks ago, Comcast came over to change our service since we moved. I forget exactly what they did, but they disabled their 'wireless' and made it so that our wireless connection is now through our own router. Ever since that day, I can't connect my phone to the wireless. The password/SSID remained the same, but whenever I try to connect my phone says "connected to (router name)", then the little WIFI Now symbol will go from green to grey and it will say "Failed for (router name)". I am aware this is likely a problem with our router because I can correct just fine to my work and other WIFIs, but it seems to be limited to my phone. My boyfriend said our XBOX won't connect to the WIFI either since Comcast changed. Has anyone had this issue and suggestions on how to fix it? I've tried resetting the router, our connection, forgetting the network, but the same error happens.

Have you tried calling Comcast and speaking to their tech support? They might be able to give you some ideas on what is wrong.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress