Any sort of release date for the Merge?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Im in my first 30 days with my DInc and will probably just exchange it one time before the Merge is released. Is it going to be at least before the end of the year?

Sent from my DROID Incredible

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my friend works for Verizon and was confused and thought there was a company merge hahaha
Sent from my DROID Incredible

deadlikeoscar

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would just announce it already. My wife has a BlackBerry and she is eligible to upgrade tomorrow. If we knew it would be October or early November, then this would be her new phone. But if it is late November or sometime in December, then it is going to have to be the Droid 2 (or Droid Pro if it is out at the time) because she wants a physical keyboard too. The Merge's keyboard looks great and I know my wife likes Sense on my Incredible already. So come on Verizon, give us a date!:)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just ported back to Verizon and picked up the fascinate. Not sure I am set on it, and could easily just return it and activate my old flip phone for now and see what comes out in the next 30 days.

Droid X vs Droid 2 vs Fascinate vs Merge.

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Well it's already halfway through October, if Big Red was going to release it this month, You'd think that there'd be stuff on pricing, commercials, packaging, etc. on it. So, as much as I hate to say it, I think it's coming somewhere in Nov.

I'll probably pick it up during the holiday season.

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought November 11th was the day? It definitely works with VZW release schemes. It seems I always end up having to pay for Saturday delivery, thanks big red.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
This phone has intrigued me since it was announced and I don't normally go for sliders but the positive reviews make it desirable.

I have an Eris now and am 10ish months out on my next upgrade but I'm hoping I can convince them to let me upgrade early if I say the right things.

shadowfission

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This phone has intrigued me since it was announced and I don't normally go for sliders but the positive reviews make it desirable.

I have an Eris now and am 10ish months out on my next upgrade but I'm hoping I can convince them to let me upgrade early if I say the right things.

Good luck. If you're the primary line on the account you can pay 20 bucks to upgrade early, but if you aren't, they're pretty unsympathetic to you wanting to upgrade early. I even offered to pay the etf on my phone to upgrade, but they wouldn't let me do that and keep my number. :\ Luckily I have another line with an upgrade I can use. Now i just need the Merge to come out :D

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Good luck. If you're the primary line on the account you can pay 20 bucks to upgrade early, but if you aren't, they're pretty unsympathetic to you wanting to upgrade early. I even offered to pay the etf on my phone to upgrade, but they wouldn't let me do that and keep my number. :\ Luckily I have another line with an upgrade I can use. Now i just need the Merge to come out :D

I am the primary line and the primary account holder to boot. You just need to know what to say, like, "Company X is offering to my ETF and give me a lower bill".

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why everyone goes for these 2yr contracts. On everything but my primary line, I always go for the 1 year contract. You pay only $30 more for the phone, but get an upgrade a full year ($9.99x12 = $120) earlier.

Now on the primary line, this doesn't matter, because Verizon lets you upgrade once a year as long as you keep renewing for 2 years.

I have never been able to not use an upgrade for a new device using this system. And if I have an upgrade sitting for more then 3-4 months, I purchase a new phone, don't open it, and sell it on ebay as brand new. Usually getting about $400-450 depending on the device. So 1yr contract price of Droid 2 ($229), sold for $422, minus 1 year add a line ($120), no insurance because I sell the phone anyway, nets ~$75. I'm not doing it for the money, but its better than letting my upgrade sit and me paying subsidized prices without having a subsidized phone.

Moral of the story, use My Account to purchase phones on your primary, and get 1 yr contracts for all your secondaries.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why everyone goes for these 2yr contracts. On everything but my primary line, I always go for the 1 year contract. You pay only $30 more for the phone, but get an upgrade a full year ($9.99x12 = $120) earlier.

Now on the primary line, this doesn't matter, because Verizon lets you upgrade once a year as long as you keep renewing for 2 years.

I have never been able to not use an upgrade for a new device using this system. And if I have an upgrade sitting for more then 3-4 months, I purchase a new phone, don't open it, and sell it on ebay as brand new. Usually getting about $400-450 depending on the device. So 1yr contract price of Droid 2 ($229), sold for $422, minus 1 year add a line ($120), no insurance because I sell the phone anyway, nets ~$75. I'm not doing it for the money, but its better than letting my upgrade sit and me paying subsidized prices without having a subsidized phone.

Moral of the story, use My Account to purchase phones on your primary, and get 1 yr contracts for all your secondaries.

Interesting route. Verizon's price difference between a 1-yr and 2-yr contract however is $70 now (at least for the Droid 2 and Fascinate). So it's a little less of an incentive to go 1-yr. I'll have to really look into the total cost for 1-yr versus 2-yr contract though to see what the true difference is.

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You're right. This is a brand new change, the $70 difference. The last phone I purchased on 8/10 with a 1 yr. So it had to happen in the last 2 months. Looks like other people were doing the same thing. Damn you VZW.