Need help with launchers

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't like touchwiz and it crashes a lot on me so I downloaded go launcher. However I think it is just running on top of tw. How do I stop tw from running?

TopJimmy2

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you reboot the phone, it should prompt you to select a launcher and give you the two choices. Just check the box at the bottom and touch Go Launcher and you should be good to go.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, once you hit the Home Button, set it as default and you are good to go. I use Go Launcher as well and really enjoy it. I don't care for the notification system they have though. Never seems to work properly so I got rid of it.

cnlson

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, touchwiz is part of the samsung platform. so yes it is still running and taking up processing power and resources. the only way you will not be running it is to hope for and install CM7 which will not have touchwiz integrated and will be native gingerbread.

i guess unless you are into rooting and romming i wouldn't worry too much

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Whenever you download a new launcher just press the home button and select the "Use by default" then select the launcher. To get back to stock launcher or switch between launchers go in to settings>applications>manage applications>-select launcher you're currently using->Clear defaults Now just press the home button like before.

mdoyal1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I use just a plain ol' Gingerbread launcher. Works really well even on an underclocked CPU. I like the simplicity of them

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You can download Homeswitcher from the market that will allow you to change launchers very easily.

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa :)

olorin

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You can use another launcher without rooting, just more efficient when rooted. I personally prefer GO launcher because it's more customizable than LP & ADW, but all three are good. I was running GO Launcher over my stock ROM for 6 months without root. But, once I finally rooted, it was much faster!

jlgroves1

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the problem of Go launcher crashing on an unrooted htc Inspire. By crashing I mean that about once every few days The phone would completely lock up when certain apps were open. All tactile buttons would become unresponsive, even the power button, and the only way to restore function was to remove the battery. I uninstalled Go launcher a few days ago, and have not had the problem running stock sense UI.

Rooting would probably alleviate the problem but I'm not sure if I really need Go launcher that badly. I really did like it when it worked though. Another launcher I liked was the Regina launcher, it was really buggy though.