Long texts as slideshows

qfb

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Posting for a friend with the Charge, using the stock app for text messaging. When he receives a long text message from someone, it will show the beginning of the message and display in parenthesis "more" at the bottom of the conversation bubble. If he taps the message bubble, it will display another screen with the entire text message, however it displays as a slideshow with a 2-3 second timeout. Hitting the pause button at the bottom of the screen does nothing and it will return to the conversation screen again with only the beginning of the message showing. If the text is a few sentences long, it will take multiple times of going through this to actually READ the entire message.

What is the fix for this?

Thanks!

Jhett

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a solution for you, but I have a very similar issue. My buddy sends me a joke every morning, and they tend to be long. Certainly much longer than a normal text message should be. At any rate, mine opens in a timed reading window, and is "playing" for 5 seconds. Unlike your issue, however, mine doesn't close or return to my messages screen when the time runs out. I know it doesn't solve your problem, but maybe my information can help someone figure out what is going on with this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer