Deleting Pics from "Download" Folder

eisenhulk

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey, guys. First off, please excuse the noob question. I'm still getting used to an Android phone after switching from the iPhone. I have a Charge with the Gingerbread update installed. I'm trying to delete some photos from the "Download" folder, but I can't. Once I select the photo to be deleted, the phone just sits there working, with "Deleting" showing on the screen. Can someone please help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
...I'm still getting used to an Android phone after switching from the iPhone...I'm trying to delete some photos from the "Download" folder...

Check out this section in the iPhone User's Guide to Android...

Take control
With your computer, you take for granted that you can see your files. iPhones do not give you this control but Android does. Apps like ASTRO File Manager and AndExplorer let you cut, copy, and paste files as you need.

Also see the Getting Started guide for help on dozens of topics including over 100 of our Favorite Apps.

Last edited:

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What app are you using to delete from the download folder on your SD card? I use Astro Pro but I just checked the MyFile app that comes with the phone and successfully deleted a file by long pressing it and choosing Delete, I confirmed the delete and the file is gone.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
OP, I was having the same issue after the GB update. I would go into "Gallery" to delete pictures but after clicking delete, it would just hang. I restarted the phone and the issue went away. However, it comes back shortly. I also use voice recordings/memos a lot and the issue exists there also when i try to delete a recording...it just hangs.

Last edited: