Droid Charge opinions

Mark Day

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
VZW offered me a free Droid Charge to add a new line on my plan. I have always liked this phone when looking at it in-store. I placed the order, but the phone is temporarily out-of-stock. I have been told this phone has a lot of issues and bad reviews. Rather than reading a lot of static reviews, I would like to hear from some actual users directly. Should I go ahead with the purchase? Pros/cons? I know battery life is not great, aside from that, what are the downfalls of this device?

I have had plenty of experience rooting my OG Droid, DX & Inc2. Will rooting and custom ROMs improve on any of the cons for this device?

Thanks to all for your input.

Mark

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It has been a good phone overall. I know lot of people have issues with the GPS taking forever to lock in. Rooting and custom ROMS can make some things better, but the lack of upgrades and the fact that the charge will probably not see ICS, plus the fact that it has reached end of life status already, I would probably not get one today if I was eligible for an upgrade. Do research on other phones that are out there before you decide.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm satisfied with mine after getting Gingerbread last December and the update last week. But a lot of people here aren't happy with the phone as evidenced by the posts. Free sounds about right since it doesn't look like we'll be getting ICS.

Rich

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh Mark, if you've had an OG Droid and an Inc2 I'm afraid you would be up for a disappointment with the Charge. Poor GPS, inaccurate color rendering, and laggy operation. As others said, "FREE" sounds about right.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-droid-charge/143902-review-samsung-droid-charge-vs-htc-droid-incredible-2-a.html

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non