My apps keep crashing (many different ones)

spoonish

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I searched around a bit, but the threads I saw were related to a single app crashing or specific market apps.

My problem involves a lot of different apps. I've had this phone for less than a month, and the only apps I've downloaded are a few highly rated and popular games from the Play Store.

It seems once or twice a day, I'll go to start an app and it'll give me the "app crashed" screen with the "Force Close/Report" buttons. Often times it involves games, but it sometimes also happens with apps that came with the phone or processes that I assume are running in the background, because I won't even have anything open and it'll come up with "Verizonblahblah has crashed". (Sorry I can't recall exactly what Verizon process this was, I'll have to write it down next time it happens).
It happens with the Google Framework app sometimes, when I'm just trying to open a Google search.

This continues until I restart the phone, and then everything is fine.

Also once every couple days or so it will tell me that my swipe password is incorrect and won't let me into the phone until I restart it.

Should I try resetting to factory settings? How do I do this? Should I remove my SD card first to save the info that is stored on it?
Or does this sound more like a hardware issue?

Thank you in advance

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
You can leave your SD card in but make sure that you DO NOT erase it as well. There will be a box to check if you want to wipe the card as well. Or you could unmount the card and reset.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

spoonish

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
You can leave your SD card in but make sure that you DO NOT erase it as well. There will be a box to check if you want to wipe the card as well. Or you could unmount the card and reset.

I feel like this is going to be a stupid question... but how do I do that?

After searching a bit, I found a few sites saying to follow steps like this:
From the home screen, click the MENU button
Click on SETTINGS
Select the ?SD & Phone Storage? option
Click on ?Factory data reset? located at the bottom

But I do not see any "Factory data reset" option in my SD Card & Phone Storage settings...

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Settings...privacy...factory reset...that's also where you will see the option to format usb as well...don't do it unless you want you sd wiped as well

Reactions: spoonish

spoonish

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I did that and it worked fine for a good 24+ hours but now I have apps crashing again. Not as bad as before, though.

For instance, before if I left an app running (say Tiny Tower or something) and came back to it later it would almost always crash on me until I restarted my phone. That doesn't seem to be a problem right now.

But earlier, I had Google Maps crash when I didn't even have it open. It came up with the "Google Maps crashed" screen like 4 times in 4 minutes and then stopped. My Verizon Data also crashed on me.
Oh, and it (once so far) did the thing where it told me my password was incorrect until I restarted the phone.

I did notice that when I did the factory restore, it re-downloaded (is that even the right word?) some of my games for me automatically. I'm not sure if this is part of the issue or how to make it not do that.

Kind of curious if maybe this is a hardware issue at this point.

Does anyone have any other recommendations, or should I head to the Verizon store?

MandyGill321

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with various apps. They freeze and then close down and display the report message. My phone is only 2 weeks old. Did you manage to find a solution?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with various apps. They freeze and then close down and display the report message. My phone is only 2 weeks old. Did you manage to find a solution?

If you have jellybean, it is possible that some of those apps are not updated to work with jb yet. Otherwise it's just the app. E-mail the developer.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Well, I did that and it worked fine for a good 24+ hours but now I have apps crashing again. Not as bad as before, though.

For instance, before if I left an app running (say Tiny Tower or something) and came back to it later it would almost always crash on me until I restarted my phone. That doesn't seem to be a problem right now.

But earlier, I had Google Maps crash when I didn't even have it open. It came up with the "Google Maps crashed" screen like 4 times in 4 minutes and then stopped. My Verizon Data also crashed on me.
Oh, and it (once so far) did the thing where it told me my password was incorrect until I restarted the phone.

I did notice that when I did the factory restore, it re-downloaded (is that even the right word?) some of my games for me automatically. I'm not sure if this is part of the issue or how to make it not do that.

Kind of curious if maybe this is a hardware issue at this point.

Does anyone have any other recommendations, or should I head to the Verizon store?

Go into ur app store and make sure all apps are up to date. If they re- downloaded, That's what they were doing, updating. Good luck.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheena212

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Please help!!!!!! My maps freezes and never works on my HTC One and it is always kicking me off the internet. Where is google wallet? I read on another forum that this is the culprit of these issues....I looked to uninstall this but I look it up on my phone and all it does is bring up other google apps. I can't find one specific thing that says "google wallet' ... There is only google music, etc..and a bunch of others listed listed. What do I do. This is my 6 replacement phone!!!!!! Please anyone help!!!

craqerjak

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If you don`t have the latest apps to sd app, get it from the market, its free, some apps must be installed on the phone, NOT the sd card to work right, run the
apps to sd program, it will inform which apps can be moved, & which should be installed on phone only.

Google Wallet is considered to be a system file, all system files load into internal storage, phone only, & are not displayed in the app tray, download
apps to sd from the playstore, its free, move the moveable apps to sd card, & the others to the phone, it`ll inform which go where, as some apps
cause conflicts when stored in wrong place, check in settings, under applications, storage, you can see where the apps are stored.

AVIE Macias

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung SCH-R910 4G Android and everytime an app is finished downloading on my phone it either says "Bad manifest", "package not signed correctly" OR

when I try to open the app, my screen turns black and my phones vibrates. I've tried factory reset and turning my phone on/off.

Any idea what could be the problem??

Shakeel Mohammed1

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
hey you guys i have a sony xperia P and since last year my phone apps wont delete and after a while all the apps keep crashing i tried to factory rest even hard reset it wont even delete any thing if u send something or download something to the phone that would delete whats wrong can u guys help me

BorbingoBoy

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Please help!!!!!! My maps freezes and never works on my HTC One and it is always kicking me off the internet. Where is google wallet? I read on another forum that this is the culprit of these issues....I looked to uninstall this but I look it up on my phone and all it does is bring up other google apps. I can't find one specific thing that says "google wallet' ... There is only google music, etc..and a bunch of others listed listed. What do I do. This is my 6 replacement phone!!!!!! Please anyone help!!!

LoLoLoLoLo... That is built in in Google Play and cannot be uninstalled... But leave it alone if you do not need it, or don't use Play Market again... ;-)

Just to tell, I installed latest Minecraft, but it opened and told me that Minecraft has crashed... And my android is Samsung Galaxy Mini 2, not a fast one :-(

I dream about Nexus 4 or 5... Must have android with KitKat.

hey you guys i have a sony xperia P and since last year my phone apps wont delete and after a while all the apps keep crashing i tried to factory rest even hard reset it wont even delete any thing if u send something or download something to the phone that would delete whats wrong can u guys help me

Hey fella,
I herd that Sony would survive under water, but anything else is blackmart... Or am I just telling stupidies?

You should install to your PC a specific hardware for your precious (am I right?) and move your data to PC. After that see if you have a unknown app installed (what you guys call a virus) and uninstall it if you can... Or install an antivirus on your phone, if you can...
Or go to servicer...

I really would buy to myself Nexus 5 or 4... :)

What model do you have?

liao_carmen

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Help please!!! Im trying to download that 'alpaca evolution' game and such, and when the game downloads I try to launch it but it always says 'unfortunately blahblah stopped working' something like that.and when I click report after I send the report my screen freezes which forces me to take the battery out.i dont know what the problem is, should I factory reset it?

John Smith153

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this works for all phones but this is a way to reset the cache of the phone without any additional apps or having to root power off the phone turn it back on while it booting up hold do b the volume up or down button. It will boot in safe mode when it's done booting restart the phone and let it start normally. I don't know if this works for all android phones.

MistyGun Pang

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Just recently rooted my phone using kingo root but the supersu keep kicking me out to the menu and it was displaying about two things to install ..... i dont remember it but each time i played a game it always pause my game without me pressing pause button and while the im playing COC it always kick me out due to inactivity..can somebody give me a solution to this problem?

kingkong90210

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Do u also occasionally get a unfortunately outlook has stopped working message from time to time?
I had the same problem. But at the same time multiple other apps also stopped working so that made me think the problem was something else rather than the outlook app.I even updated the outlook app as well as all the other apps that weren't working but none of then would work.I then noticed that there was 2 copies of the outlook app. The original old one and the newer one that I installed (during my attemps to fix all the apps that stopped working).*I then deleted to old outlook app. Suddenly low and behold all the apps srarted working again and the outlook error message dissappear. Woot!This was my solution. Give it a try

Just Another Fan

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I searched around a bit, but the threads I saw were related to a single app crashing or specific market apps.

My problem involves a lot of different apps. I've had this phone for less than a month, and the only apps I've downloaded are a few highly rated and popular games from the Play Store.

It seems once or twice a day, I'll go to start an app and it'll give me the "app crashed" screen with the "Force Close/Report" buttons. Often times it involves games, but it sometimes also happens with apps that came with the phone or processes that I assume are running in the background, because I won't even have anything open and it'll come up with "Verizonblahblah has crashed". (Sorry I can't recall exactly what Verizon process this was, I'll have to write it down next time it happens).
It happens with the Google Framework app sometimes, when I'm just trying to open a Google search.

This continues until I restart the phone, and then everything is fine.

Also once every couple days or so it will tell me that my swipe password is incorrect and won't let me into the phone until I restart it.

Should I try resetting to factory settings? How do I do this? Should I remove my SD card first to save the info that is stored on it?
Or does this sound more like a hardware issue?

Thank you in advance

I know this was a long time ago but now I'm having the same problem. I tried resetting my phone multiple times but nothing helps, Google search refuses to work and so does twitch. Funny thing is some apps still work but when I uninstall them then reinstall them months later they begin to crash too. I deleted ! everything on my phone then reset it earlier hoping that would do the trick but everything is still acting up can someone please help me?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch