Jumped in pool with Charge in my pocket

Twilborne

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I jumped in the pool with my charge in my pocket. I took the phone apart and cleaned it with electronic cleaner and dried it with a blow drier. The phone turns on, everything works except the phone part. Any ideas......

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
So, it's just the charger that's not working? Or the part where the charger plugs in?

If it's the jack where the charger plugs into, just try waiting it out for a little while. Continue trying to dry as much as you can, without damaging circuits, you know the drill. I fell into a canal (horrible day, let me tell ya) with my phone in my pocket. I had to swim around for nearly three minutes trying to find a way back up on to solid ground. The charger jack wasn't working at all, so I was going to start searching for new pieces online, but it worked the next day, so problem solved itself.

If it's the charger that went in with you, same thing. Just clean as much as you can. If it doesn't work with the wall plug, try the USB instead. The wall charger part is more susceptible to water damage, any damage in general. If it's just fried, test out other chargers with your wall plug, and your cable, and decide which parts still work. It's a lot cheaper to buy half of the whole if one half still works. If the whole thing is fried, the only other option is to buy a new charger altogether.

tanyallopez

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
- One thing to never do is blow dry your phone , you basically blow water further in try putting everything in rice it works ! My phone fell in the toilet in the bath tub . & It still works till this day

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but what do you mean by the phone part? Just the calling part of it?

And sorry. I forgot there was a phone called the "Charge" (I even just got one today) and I thought you were just making a typo. Total brain fart. xD

Twilborne

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but what do you mean by the phone part? Just the calling part of it?

And sorry. I forgot there was a phone called the "Charge" (I even just got one today) and I thought you were just making a typo. Total brain fart. xD

Its all good.... Yes the calling part. Data works fine. I did the rice thing all nite then I took it apart, I mean totally apart, cleaned it and dried it put it back together. Every thing works but the phone part. I think it blew the transmitter or something. I ordered a GS 3.