Droid Charge: Damaged SD card Error / Won't Mount - Fix??

bobmckenzie

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Damaged Sd card Error / Wont Mount - Fix??

Thanks a million!!! I followed the directions for chkdsk that mukundrathod111 posted, and at the end, when I got the Y/N prompt, I choose Y. Worked perfectly! All the photos were saved. Thanks again.

dvignesh90

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

hi Bhaskar G,
This problem in your card is due bad sector exist in ur card. If realy want to use it use 'disk part'.
Solution.
Step 1: go to run and type diskpart in it .
Step 2.: Then when u get the window, type list disk u will see list of disk available in ur pc. just note down ur sd card disk number let assume that the sd card number is 1 (1 disk).
then type the following into the window showing diskpart> press enter after a command
select disk 1
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=fat32 quick (use ur desired partition methods hear)
assign
active

Note:: Doing this will erase all the data in the sd card but card will be working fine.
Thank you
vignesh

Coltman1966

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Have 32gb micro sd card from samsung galaxy 3. The card suddenly says it was removed. I checked it and it was in the slot exactly as it was supposed to be. But i noticed it was not reading it at all. I tried putting it into my pc via usb holder and also thru the sd card adapter. the pc would not even recognize any drive at all. I have alot stored on the card but am just mainly interested in get all my pics and videos off of it. I have a back up plan with my cell carrier but only a small amount was stored there. Please help! I dont really care if I can save the card, just want to get my picsd and videos off of it first...

Lufsig

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

i knew my case might be just coincident but my 32 gb micro sd card was malfunctioned after it passed the airport xray machine last week.
i tried the chkdsk suggestion in this thread but only some data were retrieved. (2-3 gb out of 10gb of data). meaning trying different data recovery program to see if it can recover more data from the sd card :'(

Laurence Seberini

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Dude
I had 15 gigs of video from my gopro from my vacation and I was so disappointed the SD said damaged.
Your chdsk worked! Thank you a zillion times
Laurence!:)

Vic Chong

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

yes it is and i use some software recovering stuff to get some files luckily i recovered some but im still trying to fix it.it is visible on the my computer and yes CHKDSK didnt read it cause its says its unavailable for RAW drives.btw is CHKDSK some sort of disk protocol or something like the ones u used for hidden drive files?

Hey, may I know how you managed to recover some of your files? I had the same problem as yours, when i used CHKDSK to check my files, it can' read it since it is not available for RAW Drives. Do you have any ways to solve for this problem? Thanks

owr084

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

okay I'm officially read every post on this thread and no one has answered the question that was posted about when we put in the "chkdsk" command we receive the error that says "cannot open volume for direct access" what should I do after that nothing seems to be working for me and it's starting to drive me crazy please help thank you

I had the same happen to me. If the card was inserted directly into my laptop's card reader, that happened. I then tried an SD micro USB card reader (an sd micro slot attached to a standard USB plug). When I inserted it into the laptop's USB port, it was read properly and everything was there.

Rohit Kumar Mishra

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Droid Charge: Damaged Sd card Error / Wont Mount - Fix??

I m using memory card of micro sd company in micromax canvas2.its showing Damaged external memory card but when connected to pc via some other phone its showing in laptop. i had format my memory card but after few days its again showing same problem ........what should i do????

sjsicilia

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
This is the second time in 1 month that my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 pulls the "Your sd card is corrupt, thingy."

Using the CMD prompt in Windows 7, which takes you to a DOS black window, I then typed
chkdsk_/X_/F_D:

Note- where above an underline _ equals a space, make sure and place your spaces correctly, and on my computer my microsd using and sd adapter came up as a D drive.

Worked like a charm. Did not have to use Photorec or any other program.

Saw all the files restored on the card while still plugged in to my computer, ejected the card from my computer placed it back in my phone and everything was restored, programs, pictures, music.

Btw. The command ran complete and I never received a Y or N question. Just a summary of what was done to the card.

Thank you.

Now onto Samsung to find out why this Note 3 corrupts the external card, "just because."

Last edited:

Jennifer Rooney

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
ok, i have read all instructions...and here is my issue.

SD card on phone said blank..option came to reformat. i took sd card out and plugged iit into my computer/laptop win 7, did the run-cmd-chkdsk and i am not sure what i need to type...my removalble disk is (E:) and it is listed under my computer hard drive (C:), so i typed chkdsk /c E: and it says "cannot open volume for direct access".

totally stumped.

more info: there is nothing on my phone...now..obviously. When i plug in the micro sd to my pc it shows i have a removable disk but a box pops up saying it needs to be reformatted..and says there is is nothing in the disk. Also, i have Recuva...and it says nothing found as well. so its there but its not. Please help. I am trying to save pictures. Unfortunatly i use my phone to take vid and pics of my 2 yr old and now i have none. :confused:

Orlando Olfert

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

mukundrathod111 Your the man!!! I was worried I had lost all my important files but this method fixed my problem in 2 seconds! Thanks a bunch!!