Samsung Charge Activation Bypass?

Senraeth

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The advantages I can see are that VZW tends to be more helpful with warranty exchanges (if needed) if you buy in a corporate store, and for people like myself who still have a NE2 upgrade, I'm pretty sure you can only use that in a corporate store.

I'm still hoping it starts selling for $200 somewhere soon, especially in light of all these delays.

You can get it for $250 at Wirefly and get another $25 cash back from fatwallet (Wirefly: Droid Charge Pre-Order - $249.99 with Free Shipping offer). Also, I know it is not quite the same as cash, but I believe all of the Charges come with a $25 Samsung Media Hub credit....so all together it is almost like getting it for $200 :D

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Warranty is the same.1 year warranty with verizon...But better because Costco has a in store Warranty for 90 days...if your phone is defective we give you a brand new one instead of a refurbished model....Your right we dont do the NE2 but depending on how much your NE2 credit is we are 50 cheaper and a valued 60 accessory budle...:)

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly is a Double contract ...... and a hassle...try returning to them!. we have it in stores now so no waiting for your shipment to come and free accessories :)

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Warranty is the same.1 year warranty with verizon...But better because Costco has a in store Warranty for 90 days...if your phone is defective we give you a brand new one instead of a refurbished model....Your right we dont do the NE2 but depending on how much your NE2 credit is we are 50 cheaper and a valued 60 accessory budle...:)

Good point, and I did not know about the in-store 90 day warranty. Its likely that any problems would develop within that time, and I'd much rather have a new device than have to worry about a refurb. So thanks for the info! Now if only I didn't have to drive 100 miles to get to the closest store...

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could....its a company demo phone ...so I will have to wait for verizon to activate it. That is why I would like to know how to bypass the activation screen for now... :)

rmanaka

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
$249 @ Costco? Ouch!

Yeah not trying to activate it just bypass it....I think you are right there is a new method for the Samsung 4g phones...Thank You for trying though....
It's our display model here at Costco ....I just wanted to check it out but I guess I will have to wait for verizon to launch it so I can activate it. By the way we are priced at 249.99 no mail in rebate and a bonus accessory bundle...common verizon let us sell the phone!!! :)

First, let me say that I am a TOTAL Costco fan for phones! IMO can't be beat for customer service, 90-day phone exchange/return (other than carrier's terms) policy, new activation waiver and free accessory bundles.

I was hoping for a better price at Costco for the Charge, however, hoping for something similar to the introductory pricing for 4G phones from AT&T ($119 for the Atrix, $19.99 renew, $0 new for the Inspire). If the Charge had similar pricing I'd be all over it, especially considering that I've been able to find $100-$150 pricing for new Tbolts (I'm planning on activating 4 new phones, 2 smart, 2 feature).

If $249 @ launch is the Costco price, guess I'll have to wait a bit :'( I think it's still lower than the other guys (LetsTalk, WireFly, Walmart, Amazon & Target), esp. with the new activation waiver and NO secondary ETF fees...even with a FatWallet bonus @ WireFly...

I tried both the Atrix and the Inspire...OK phones, esp. the Inspire which was easy to root and restore, but the new AT&T policies really stink, let alone their snail-paced "4G" speeds and refusal to grandfather unlimited 3G accounts to "4G"...The current "Maximum PC" editorial rants about the editor's AT&T experience, all of which I second from experience except that I was able to revert my account back to unlimited 3G, THANKS TO HELP FROM MY COSTCO Rep!

In summary, props to COSTCO, but if $249, for now will be anxiously waiting for either a great sale or the Galaxy S II LTE (if ever)!

BTW, you can get a new Atrix for as low as $25 since they are selling like the plague...

p.s. coming from XDA as they don't have a Samsung Droid Charge forum!!!

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I would NEVER buy a phone at Costco/best buy. U do realize there is a reason why they sell everything cheaper. Think about it

why would you "NEVER buy a phone from Costco/bestbuy"? please explain? I've purchased three phones in the past from bestbuy with zero problems. I have yet to buy a phone from Costco, but I might as well take advantage of the discount since i'm a member.

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I would NEVER buy a phone at Costco/best buy. U do realize there is a reason why they sell everything cheaper. Think about it

Yeah dude explain.....Costco/ best buy has buying power! thats why they can get it to you cheaper than others.....thats OK ..if you feel better spending more money on your phone than great...I can understand I'm the same way for Clothes...;)

Osky23

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I did it!!!!

I work for WA too and I figured out how to get the charge to be able to play with it. Take out 4g sim put in an extra tmo sim card and ull be good to go just press menu when backup assistant runs and end it with the task manager. Good luck and have fun!

Osky23

May 5, 2011
Visit site
P.s. Costco byfar has the best deals on phones. Next months coupon phones will be awesome.

P.s.s. Costco does NOT sell used or refurb phones! Sorry were just here to take care of our members. Lol

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I work for WA too and I figured out how to get the charge to be able to play with it. Take out 4g sim put in an extra tmo sim card and ull be good to go just press menu when backup assistant runs and end it with the task manager. Good luck and have fun!

NICE!!!!! I used an AT&T sim it worked also :) Thanks for the tip.....what region are you in? NW5 here:)