While You Wait on Charge: Monday Morning Funny from Verizon Chat Rep

chaddymoff

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
((Rep name changed to protect the employee))

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Frank'

Frank: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: Hey, Frank, I have a line available for upgrade and was hoping to get the new Samsung. I thought it was out, but don't see it on the site?

Frank: I will be happy to assist you.

Frank: Which Samsung are you referring to?

You: It's the 4.3" with the screen like the Fascinate.

Frank: The only other phone we have that is Samsung and similar to the Fascinate is the Continuum.

You: Just remembered. Charge was the name.

Frank: Unfortunately, that is not a phone we offer at this time. However, you can sign up for email updates and be the first to know when information comes available for that phone.

You: Ah, I thought it was already out. Do you know when it might be?

Frank: Unfortunately, I have not been given any information on it. Most of the time customers know before they tell us anything.

You: Funny. That's awful. Well thanks for the honesty. I'm kinda sold on it, so I think I'll wait for a while. Thanks for the help.

Frank: My pleasure! Is there anything else I can help you with today?

You: That's all I needed. Thank you.

Frank: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless, I look forward to speaking with you again. Have a great day!

Your chat session has been ended by your Verizon Wireless online agent.

HEY, definite bonus points for honesty, eh??!? :cool:

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Nothing new. When I was adamant about getting the Merge, we (other AC members and I) would talk to reps trying to pump them for info. I was talking to three sales reps about the phone because it showed up in a screenshot on the Verizon webpage and they had no clue what the phone was.

chaddymoff

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
It was just the "Unfortunately, I have not been given any information on it. Most of the time customers know before they tell us anything." that I found comical... ;)

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it's amusing. I remember when they were discussing what they thought the Merge might be (I didn't say anything until the end) and when they threw out ideas - I rejected them based on wrong manufacturer or not QWERTY slider. Ultimately, one of them said my best bet was looking on the internet.