Please read before you purchase the Droid Charge

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you tell the phone to install the update? Perhaps you only got the notification. If your phone says ED1 you should still be able to root.

kjguy43

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at best buy. I tried to get them to honor Verizon prices and the wouldnt. They did sell it for 598 though. They said that was their cost!

Nash Latkje

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in rooting my Charge. This'll be the first time I've attempted this.
My question is though when I'm looking through my phone's info I see to different things.

My baseband version is still ED1
However my Build Number is ED2

Which on of these am I looking at?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Nash Latkje

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank You^^;

I'll give it a shot.
Assuming I don't brick the device I should always be able to restore it to "Factory Default" and try again.

if you are in a custom rom never do a factory restore,,,there is a seperate flash to recover to stock.

but if you follow directions you will be fine

Nash Latkje

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
if you are in a custom rom never do a factory restore,,,there is a seperate flash to recover to stock.

but if you follow directions you will be fine

._.; That sir is sound advice. I just flashed my phone to AB ^^; In fact my phone just talked to me, hah.
All is well so far.

northbanker

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes I too am considering getting a Charge and would like to know if it's OK to allow the OTA updates now?

IOW, the root wizards have figured out a way to get around the ED2 problem.

(Edit: I just saw in another ED2 thread that it says not to worry... rooting ED2 is no longer a problem. Phew)

Note: I may never root this phone... I'm not super eager too, it just depends if anything isn't working well enough for me, in which case I *might* consider rooting.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
I just flashed Altered Beast v5 after updating to the EE4 update and its working flawlessly. Im really glad didnt want to mess with flashing back to earlier updates and all that jazz. So go get your Charge and root away!!!!

Reactions: winnersmw

vhewitt29

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed Altered Beast v5 after updating to the EE4 update and its working flawlessly. Im really glad didnt want to mess with flashing back to earlier updates and all that jazz. So go get your Charge and root away!!!!
this helped me with my choice to root thank you.

AirSushi

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes I too am considering getting a Charge and would like to know if it's OK to allow the OTA updates now?

IOW, the root wizards have figured out a way to get around the ED2 problem.

(Edit: I just saw in another ED2 thread that it says not to worry... rooting ED2 is no longer a problem. Phew)

Note: I may never root this phone... I'm not super eager too, it just depends if anything isn't working well enough for me, in which case I *might* consider rooting.

I rooted my Samsung Charge with Gummy 1.8.5. I was EE4 Stock. Very pleased that I did. The phone is MUCH faster. TouchWiz and the Verizon bloatware slowed the phone down terribly!

A few tips using Odin. If at first the 'kernal' fails and you see the yellow icon depicting connecting the phone to a computer - do not panic. Odin is very very picky. I think I had to attempt to flash the 'kernals' 1-10 times each before I received a successful flash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87