Voice Dialing Issues

Rideguy202

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone and tried the voice dialing feature last night for the first time. It is beyond bad and I'm hoping that someone here has a suggestion. On five tries to call my wife, it never once recognized the contact correctly and ended up calling 5 seemingly random people in my contacts list instead. Is there any way to improve the accuracy of the voice dialing or is there a better voice dialing app out there that I could try. Also - I'm using a Jawbone Icon bluetooth, but I got the same results whether I used the headset or spoke directly into the phone.

Any suggestions????

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone and tried the voice dialing feature last night for the first time. It is beyond bad and I'm hoping that someone here has a suggestion. On five tries to call my wife, it never once recognized the contact correctly and ended up calling 5 seemingly random people in my contacts list instead. Is there any way to improve the accuracy of the voice dialing or is there a better voice dialing app out there that I could try. Also - I'm using a Jawbone Icon bluetooth, but I got the same results whether I used the headset or spoke directly into the phone.

Any suggestions????
same problem.. Seems like program is really screwed up

Rideguy202

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I found a fairly workable solution. I downloaded the Vlingo app, and changed the default voice recognition from Google to Vlingo (you can do this under Settings). Vlingo is much better at recognizing the right contact and has a setting that asks for verification that it has identified the right contact before it just dials away. I've been using this for a week or so now and I've had good results.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
How do you do that?

Login into Google, do a Google search for Google dashboard, and scroll down to voice search. It will tell you how many voice recordings you have. Delete them and then try. It worked for me. My voice search and commands wouldn't work at all all of a sudden. I did this and it works flawlessly.

MaxBuck2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I tried dialing a local number and ended up connecting to the Solomon Islands.

Won't be trying voice dialing again anytime soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non