$120 off at Costco... any way to get this back?

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Can you just go into a BestBuy and have them call Costco? Costco will verify the price on the phone...

I don't remember seeing pricetags near the phones. Maybe I can take a shot of my sales receipt... but I'm not sure that would suffice, either.

NewDroidGal

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It would kind of surprise me if they take the $120 off of the $299 price... this phone has been $249 at costco from day one.

I got my Charge on the 8th, just before the sale started at Costco. The Costco Verizon guys made sure to remind me to come back once the sale started to get my credit. Was impressed that they gave me the heads up on the sale. All they said I needed was the receipt and they'd take care of it. Definitely on my to do list for this weekend.

jpog

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys dumb question but should i return my Charge to Verizon..got it at a verizon store...negotiated them down to $200...and get it at Costco..I like Costco's return policy better..just parinoid about something happeing to my phone in th enxt month or so. Only reason I am hesitating is it seems like a lot of freaken work..plus I will have t pay the 35 restocking fee.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys dumb question but should i return my Charge to Verizon..got it at a verizon store...negotiated them down to $200...and get it at Costco..I like Costco's return policy better..just parinoid about something happeing to my phone in th enxt month or so. Only reason I am hesitating is it seems like a lot of freaken work..plus I will have t pay the 35 restocking fee.

Not worth returning because of the reasons you mentioned. Plus the price difference isn't much because at Costco, they charge you tax on the full retail price.

mully

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
It all depends if you don't mind going through the trouble to get the 90 day return policy. To me it's worth it. You got a great price from Verizon, so the money savings isn't really an issue. But the ability to return the phone (for whatever reason) for 90 days is simply awesome.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Question about the 90 day Costco policy. If you exchange your phone for a more expensive phone w/in the 90 days, is the difference for the new phone at its full retail price or at the price you get as a new/renewing customer?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I used to work for Wireless Advocates. You do pay full retail tax. Be sure to keep the paperwork and the box

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Flight23

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, correct me if I am wrong but I just called my local Costco in bay area California. They said that they have changed their exchange policy to 30 days instead of 90? You can still make a return/cancel within 14 days.

Let me know if this is correct?

Thanks

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
If I purchase the Charge through Costco's membershipwireless site, I can still add Verizon's extended warranty and asurion to the phone upon its arrival, right? Also, do you need to be a Costco member to purchase online? Thanks guys :)

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I used to work for Wireless Advocates. You do pay full retail tax. Be sure to keep the paperwork and the box

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

For some reason Costco gave me $160 off at the register making it $129 + tax (on the $129 not full retail). Also this weekend they were having a $25 credit on your account for new Verizon subscribers and waived activation. Needless to say I was quite happy.

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, correct me if I am wrong but I just called my local Costco in bay area California. They said that they have changed their exchange policy to 30 days instead of 90? You can still make a return/cancel within 14 days.

Let me know if this is correct?

Thanks

Ok this worries me. Can anyone confirm the return policy on phones is 30 or 90 days at Costco?

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
So I talked to a rep on Verizon's customer support chat on their website, and she said that they don't offer insurance/extended warranties on phones purchased from BestBuy/Costco/the like. However, I really think she was talking out her ass considering I've found multiple other posts on other sites saying you can add insurance within 30 days of purchase... regardless of where you purchased from. Can anyone confirm this?

P.S, a second rep on the site said the same thing, but this time I told them I'd already purchased. Wtf -.-

Last edited:

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So I talked to a rep on Verizon's customer support chat on their website, and she said that they don't offer insurance/extended warranties on phones purchased from BestBuy/Costco/the like. However, I really think she was talking out her ass considering I've found multiple other posts on other sites saying you can add insurance within 30 days of purchase... regardless of where you purchased from. Can anyone confirm this?

When I got my Charge, the rep told me I CAN add the extended warranty on it. I forget how many days he said I had though.

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
When I got my Charge, the rep told me I CAN add the extended warranty on it. I forget how many days he said I had though.

See, this is why I'm really apprehensive to buy through Costco online. I've talked to two Verizon reps and they've both said I can't do this, but everyone else is saying I can. o.o

I'm not buying a >$500 retail phone without some protection plan, and when you consider that Squaretrade's plans cost around $120something anyway, I may as well just go through Verizon. You save $120 @ Costco and then end up spending it all at once on insurance xD

Also, a Best Buy rep said that Verizon does cover 3rd party purchases like this. So now I'm thoroughly confused.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress