Charge or Verizon - conversations seem a little digitized?

Mikewired

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am new to vzw and have noticed my conversations seem a tab bit digitized? I am not sure if this is a droid charge thing or cdma vzw. I have also noticed that the charges earpiece lacks a little high frequency vs iphone4. No dropped calls in 4 days!!!!! Hint att.

ron.teed

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It's a Charge thing. I moved to the Charge from the OG Droid, and the call quality on the Charge is subpar compared to the Droid. I still get 'screeching' in my ear, even after the update / 'fix'. Love the Charge, but am not a fan of the phone portion of it.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My call quality is fine, on a par with the Iphone of which I had 3 versions...also had one on Verizon.

tintn00

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No screeching noises here but I have noticed mild digitized voice during phone calls on my phone and on a few other droid charge phones. Turning on noise filter within settings improves the call quality dramatically though.

Sent from my SCH-I510

addictedtocars

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am new to vzw and have noticed my conversations seem a tab bit digitized? I am not sure if this is a droid charge thing or cdma vzw. I have also noticed that the charges earpiece lacks a little high frequency vs iphone4. No dropped calls in 4 days!!!!! Hint att.

I know I am in the minority, but honestly I think it is mostly a VZ CDMA thing in combination with the phone. I have had numerous GSM phones on TMO and ATT and now I have DC and gf has iPhone on VZ and honestly I think voice quality was cleaner on GSM. I use VZ Home connect and that is awful, sounds muddy for sure. Don;t get me wrong I thinks VZ voice quality os good, but I can hear the difference, I have yet to hear a VZ call on any phoen that was as crisp as any of my GSM phones on TMO or ATT.

Mikewired

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am on day 7. I am trying to figure out if I can live with this digitized terrible sound! I have tried switching the vocoders and left my self voice mails to compare settings and some things make minor differences? I make a test call from my iphone 4 (att) and its clear as a bell. I guess i will go the store a make test calls from the revolution and iphone to try and figure this out. I really want the 4g but it needs to be a great phone first.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site

The call quality on the Charge is sub par for me. I have posted in other threads that the calls sound robotic to me. I notice it even on speakerphone. Its a Charge thing, not a VZN thing. I'm coming from a VZN LG EnV Touch so that's what I'm comparing to. I've had the phone for 14 days and have gotten used to it.