Is there a way to set a timed lock screen?

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
On my old Incredible, you could set a lock screen timeout to say 5 minutes with the display set to turn off after 2. That way, the screen will turn off but you won't have to unlock it immediately in the event someone messages you afterwards (and can save you battery). From what I can tell, the only way to use a lock screen on the Charge is to have it lock the phone as soon as the screen turns off.

This really makes it a pain in the butt to text people, as the only option you have now is to make the screen timeout longer and waste the battery so you don't have to unlock the phone again when your friend responds. Unless there's a way to set the lock screen timeout that I'm just not seeing?

pezboy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
On my old Incredible, you could set a lock screen timeout to say 5 minutes with the display set to turn off after 2. That way, the screen will turn off but you won't have to unlock it immediately in the event someone messages you afterwards (and can save you battery). From what I can tell, the only way to use a lock screen on the Charge is to have it lock the phone as soon as the screen turns off.

This really makes it a pain in the butt to text people, as the only option you have now is to make the screen timeout longer and waste the battery so you don't have to unlock the phone again when your friend responds. Unless there's a way to set the lock screen timeout that I'm just not seeing?
I would also like to increase lock time, but keep screen off time shorter. I am coming from a blackberry and really liked that feature. I miss it. I want the lock for security, but need the screen off for battery. A 30 minute lock with a 15 second screen off would be great!

My buddy has an X and there are different settings for lock and screen timeout. I really wish the Charge had that. Anyone have any good app suggestions?

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new android user as well, and while I'm not sure if you can do specifically what you're asking for, I can suggest getting Widget Locker. It allows you to fully customize your lockscreen, and my messaging app is one of my unlock choices. It might not be quite as convenient as what you're looking for, but it's something to look into regardless!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non