So what's the deal using the GPS?

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've searched around and even on the web a lot of reviews were really old, like 2007 stuff.

I was using a Tomtom when I had my Blackberry because the screen was too damn small to see!

I never tried VZ navigator because I think they charge a monthly subscription fee to use it even though I'm using my unlimited data.

It looks like VZ has a fee to upgrade to the premium Navigator version.

I thought I remembered Google maps giving audible directions when on route. I don't remember because I mostly used the Tomtom.

So what's the best way to go . . . can I just use Google maps, does it talk?

Is there a free version of VZ Navigator? Can I use either with voice commands or is that the premium version of VZ Nav.?

NY is pretty touchy now using anything that's not hands free. I don't want to get whacked with a big fine for getting caught punching in a street name on a keyboard while it's hanging below my review mirror.

Or should I just continue with the Tomtom (which doesn't have voice commands anyway).

Thx

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Go into apps and look for the navigation app via google. It's the blue arrow.

Thx, I was playing around with that last night. Didn't know what it hooks up with.

So if I want to give Google voice commands I open the blue arrow app?

Update: I think I see how to works it now. You just open the blue arrow and talk into that instead of opening Google maps, right?

Last edited:

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
correct, I usually just hit the search/magnifying glass button on the phone and say navigate (and the address/city/state) and the phone usually dose the rest. Though I sometimes have to speak a little clearer because it has trouble with my Boston accent at times (or I think that is what it is)

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
correct, I usually just hit the search/magnifying glass button on the phone and say navigate (and the address/city/state) and the phone usually dose the rest. Though I sometimes have to speak a little clearer because it has trouble with my Boston accent at times (or I think that is what it is)

I grew up in Brookline, MA. So if I have to drive to a street called Wire Drive (wiia) . . . I'm screwed hahahaha

or Park (Paaak) Drive (I can forget about ever reaching that one too).

Update: tried out the blue arrow Google navigation on the way home from work using voice command. It's great. Works slick. Better than my few year old Tomtom and their maps are outdated as they want you to upgrade your map for $59 each time . . . SeeYa Tomtom!

Thx for all the replies.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana