Video Chat

neverdye

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Are there any apps that will allow for use of the front facing camera to video chat? Can be on wifi or 3g/4g...just need something that works.

I downloaded and tried qik, but it only uses the rear camera. I am rooted, if that helps to get something that works.

mcbrett

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So basically- if you get Tango or Fring- anyone you'd want to VOIP with has to also have that same program?

The problem is- Tango and Fring ain't skype- meaning, almost no one has heard of them..Anyone know here when Skype will move forward with VOIP for Droid?

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Fring. I discovered it on the forums here. I just tell whoever I want to video chat about it, and they have it within a couple of minutes. Several of my friends use it now since I've told them about it over the past week. It works fine. The only downside is that I can't video chat with people on a computer, like I had hoped Skype Mobile would allow.

mcbrett

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Fring. I discovered it on the forums here. I just tell whoever I want to video chat about it, and they have it within a couple of minutes. Several of my friends use it now since I've told them about it over the past week. It works fine. The only downside is that I can't video chat with people on a computer, like I had hoped Skype Mobile would allow.
Exactly- I'm sure Fring is good as you say it is- but if I want to call my wife and kid at home- I need to use either skype or gchat.. and to my knowledge- neither is available for voip on the droid.. unless someone else knows something I don't.

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Exactly- I'm sure Fring is good as you say it is- but if I want to call my wife and kid at home- I need to use either skype or gchat.. and to my knowledge- neither is available for voip on the droid.. unless someone else knows something I don't.

I have heard rumors that Google is currently working on implementing its video chat feature from Google Voice on the Android software on the phones. I'm looking for more info on this now.

Edit: http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/04/video-chat-on-your-android-phone.html
Looks like it's coming on Gingerbread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non