I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Phil (and other standins) for answering our questions:
1. Voice and surfing simultaneously, in both 3g and LTE modes
2 . Call voice / speaker quality ?
3. There are two sound amps... hows basic from phone music sound ?
4 . Please open a bunch of apps... browser/games/etc... make a call etc, check multitasking to see how aggressive the power mgmt is
5. Let's see some pics from the camera
6. Lets see some short HD Video
7. ok I asked too many questions..

I'd be buying two of these if we pull the trigger, GF like to have same phone so we can share features we figure out together We are both very different users
It will be this or the N2

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Trying to attach the pic
To be fair and I think you would agree that you were on WiFi a HUGE amount of time and barely hard the screen on for more then 1 hour so I wouldn't exactly call that active view on battery life. Thanks for giving us a general idea but battery life for most is more relevant when we run on 4G not everyone had ability to sit at WiFi on home / work to save on battery.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
To be fair and I think you would agree that you were on WiFi a HUGE amount of time and barely hard the screen on for more then 1 hour so I wouldn't exactly call that active view on battery life. Thanks for giving us a general idea but battery life for most is more relevant when we run on 4G not everyone had ability to sit at WiFi on home / work to save on battery.

That said, I have a ThunderBolt, which has arguably the worst battery life of any HTC device ever. I'm lucky to get 12 hours sitting on wifi with an hour screen on time. I'd gladly take 25 hours under that same scenario. Would be a major step up for many.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That said, I have a ThunderBolt, which has arguably the worst battery life of any HTC device ever. I'm lucky to get 12 hours sitting on wifi with an hour screen on time. I'd gladly take 25 hours under that same scenario. Would be a major step up for many.
I too have the tbolt, you are in Cleveland prob has great LTE service, how long does it last on lte.. I get maybe 3-4 hrs.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I too have the tbolt, you are in Cleveland prob has great LTE service, how long does it last on lte.. I get maybe 3-4 hrs.
Yeah, I get pretty good LTE all around town. I can get about 8 hours on LTE, with the screen always hogging the most battery. Don't usually get more than an hour screen on time.

Now back to the regularly scheduled DNA convo. :)

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got my DROID DNA from HTC elevate 4 days ago. So far I am getting 30+ hours battery life and I haven't been able to put phone down.

No Dropbox promotion unfortunately and I would have like to see more on board storage but all in all htc hit a home run with this phone imo

30+ hours?! wow!

I hope your not pulling our chains. Is your screen brightness on Automatic?

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my DROID DNA from HTC elevate 4 days ago. So far I am getting 30+ hours battery life and I haven't been able to put phone down.

No Dropbox promotion unfortunately and I would have like to see more on board storage but all in all htc hit a home run with this phone imo

You had it since 4 days? Forgive me if I didn't notice, but did you mention you had the phone on another thread a few days ago? If not, was it some kind of gag order you were under?
For 30+ hours, were you surfing via WIFI? 3G? 4G? Heavy phone calls? Streaming movies? Or was it very light usage?

Thanks!

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For those wondering about the notification LED, this video by CNETTV (youtube.com/watch?v=waaX-5igwXg) shows the back LED flashing (1:36). If it's not a glare, it also looks like there is a front notification LED in the right side of the grill (seen in the first couple seconds of the video).

Can anyone with the device confirm the location of the front notification LED, if that is indeed the case? Also what LED colors there are? TIA!

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Actually, if you pull the sim from the thunderbolt, it can last for several days. Notice there is no mobile signal here. Very little screen on time. Also no real way to determine the type of phone from the screen shot. In fact, I notice the dna's pull down is clear where yours is not. I would love to think that new technology has emerged to make battery better, but I am not aware of any, and if there was, htc would have boasted about it. The only unknown is how the SoC effects battery on Verizon.

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If you guys are worried about the microSD slot, the HTC J Butterfly has a microSD slot on it and still uses LTE bands. The only thing is that you'll have to buy the phone off contract and import it. But other than that, shouldn't be a big deal? Well at least it's not a big deal for me since I use the Tmo Value plan.

Just so people know, according to the J Butterfly Spec sheet, the DLX/DNA/J will get HSPA+ bands as well (Tmo's 42mbps+ included).

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site

The Verizon spec sheet says the DNA gets 12.5 hours usage, so I am not sure how anyone is getting 30 hours.

That's probably talk time so I'm assuming he's not getting 30 hours of screen on time. He's gotta sleep eventually and if he's on wifi it'll help alot

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

NightAngel79

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
30+ hours?! wow!

I hope your not pulling our chains. Is your screen brightness on Automatic?
Not on Automatic, got it on about 75 percent
Fair points, I did have at least 4 hours screen time though. I spent hours setting it up
You had it since 4 days? Forgive me if I didn't notice, but did you mention you had the phone on another thread a few days ago? If not, was it some kind of gag order you were under?
For 30+ hours, were you surfing via WIFI? 3G? 4G? Heavy phone calls? Streaming movies? Or was it very light usage?

Thanks!
Gag order, I been mentioning it on androidforums a bit past few days only.

First screen shot is without service, but with radios on still. Have one from just a bit ago below
For those wondering about the notification LED, this video by CNETTV (youtube.com/watch?v=waaX-5igwXg) shows the back LED flashing (1:36). If it's not a glare, it also looks like there is a front notification LED in the right side of the grill (seen in the first couple seconds of the video).

Can anyone with the device confirm the location of the front notification LED, if that is indeed the case? Also what LED colors there are? TIA!
Right side of front of phone, left side on back. I'm colorblind so can't help there, lol
Actually, if you pull the sim from the thunderbolt, it can last for several days. Notice there is no mobile signal here. Very little screen on time. Also no real way to determine the type of phone from the screen shot. In fact, I notice the dna's pull down is clear where yours is not. I would love to think that new technology has emerged to make battery better, but I am not aware of any, and if there was, htc would have boasted about it. The only unknown is how the SoC effects battery on Verizon.

Not sure what are getting at? This is definitely screen shot from DROID DNA
Couple more from today
2012-11-13_20-11-51.jpg2012-11-13_20-12-13.jpg

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
With signal and average NON power user I would estimate from chip set we shall see roughly 7-10 hours of active use. Less if you have have brightness at full with Bluetooth / GPS on obviously. So no at 5inch at this high ppi we will not see battery life like Razr HD Maxx or GS III but these are NOT comparable screens when we consider the type and quality as well as size. It it easy to HOPE it is going to compete but this phone is going to be just like the Rezound on new build with more current software but is still going to be a battery hog. So yes 2500 range battery would of been great but we didn't get it. HTC leans more towards high quality processors and displays and leaves us desiring more for battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38