Where did you buy your DNA?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine just arrived from Target Mobile online, which shipped for only $149.99 and was not taxed (in CA, tax on a phone is based on the original list price, so it's easily another $50 extra). I've never purchased a phone from a 3rd party before, but I got a rather scary notice that basically said:

"you agree to repay $200 if during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee. This includes transferring equipment even on the same account"

Is this standard for 3rd party dealers, or does this sound kinda fishy? I've read that Target Mobile isn't even affiliated with Target.. What if my device was stolen/broken and I had to deactivate it within the next 181 days? Does Amazon and/or Best Buy have a similar disclaimer, or should I avoid Target Mobile in the future?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchase mine at a Verizon store walked in with 200 dollar gift card i got from Verizon fios,for extending my contact,the employee got me a corporate discount,paid 150.00 for the phone added a case and put the balance toward my bill,was also givin a month of free service for hurricane sandy,i have been a Verizon wireless customer for a year and a fios customer for 3 years with no complaints,they have treated me real good.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine at the Verizon store on launch day because I didn't want to wait. I've had good luck with best buy too, they usually have good prices/bundles/ return programs and protection plans. I've haven't heard much about target/ walmart/ radio Shack etc though.

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at the Verizon store. I've had it a week today. This is one sweet phone. I've had so many people compliment me on my phone. I have no regrets. The battery is great and the storage is no issue. And I actually like Sense.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Djnikkofb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Bought mine outright for $629.00 From Verizon store to Preserve unlimited, on expired contract

Posted via Droid DNA/Transformer Infinity

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Wireless Zone. Broke my unlimited for it, don't regret it a bit.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have heard that a separate EFT is an issue with buying through 3rd parties. It probably impacts the revenue they need to justify the decreased price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2