Changing the "Unlock Phone" animation

aretoodeetoo

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Droid DNA and want to change the animation that comes up when you go to unlock your phone. The default one has you pull this ring up the phones screen, but I've seen some rather cool ones. I can't figure out how to change this. Its not in settings as far as I can tell. Any help would be appreciated

Mario Fasolo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I think the easiest thing to do would be to search the Play Store for a "lock screen" application, if you want to completely change it, because all of them are gonna be the ring on the default phone, no way around that!

If you want to add some stuff to the lock screen though, under settings > personalize > lock screen style has a couple of different and attractive options!

aretoodeetoo

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You mean theres no way to change the default ring pull? I've seen other phones where you draw a certain pattern and stuff like that, are those all just phone specific?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If you go into security or lock screen (I forget what htc menu option it is) you can change that to what you are looking for. You will get the options of ring, pin or pattern. I think that is standard...

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You mean theres no way to change the default ring pull? I've seen other phones where you draw a certain pattern and stuff like that, are those all just phone specific?

The ring is htc standard. You can add a pin or pattern,but you will still have to pull the ring first, then enter your pin or pattern. You can download a launcher from the play store or root your phone to change the ring, but the ring is on every htc phone. To add pin or pattern, go into settings then into security and add a screen lock. Make sure you change lock time to immediately after, so you'll have to do it every time you want to unlock your phone.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If you are into rooting I'm sure there is a Rom out there that has the AOSP lockscreen built into it as an option.

Sent from my DNA

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
HTS Sense is bumming me out since I'm used to pure 4.1 on my Nexus 7, but it's easy to modify without rooting.

If you want to disable the pull ring, go to:
Settings > Personalize > Lock Screen Style > No Lock Screen. Though, if you choose "no lock screen", it takes a couple seconds to actually load your home screens. I might just stick with the pull ring to avoid that.

If you want the pin/pattern/face recognition, go to security and set one of those up; then set "Lock Phone After" to "Immediately". That way, it'll prompt you whenever you turn your screen on.

If you don't mind paying for apps, TeslaCoil has a great customizable one called "WidgetLocker". Switched out the HTC ring for a custom JB :).

Last edited: