How many times has your DNA been replaced?

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm on DNA #3. My first one performed flawlessly but the rubber back started peeling. They replaced it with a "new" refurbished unit which has been a SIM card error nightmare. I complained loudly that I want a "NEW" phone not someone else's problem, well I got another refurb and VZW claims I can't get a "NEW" one unless I buy it. I will give refurb #2 a shot but I am not happy. I have been a VZW customer since the day of the bag phone and have never needed to have a phone replaced.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm still using #1 which was purchased on the launch day luckly I have had any issues :) In the past I've maybe averaged 1 replacement per year and only have one issue in years with any of the replacements.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm on #2 after my audio jack quit working, but they replaced it with a brand new one, which was nice because I bought the original slightly used. They wanted to give me a CLNR, but I slipped the guy a $20 for the new one. :thumbup:

Sent from my DNA

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on number one, but will request a replacement If I have the sim issue again. I already had the sim replaced and its happened again. If it happens a third time I want a replacement. My husband traded in his number one for a note 2 since the brand new droid DNA had an obvious screen defect that the consultant negligated to point out, even after having my nondefected device and his defected device side by side for activation.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I still have the DNA (and SIM card) that I got on launch day back in November. Minor SIM card and battery issues last for three weeks in January once I reseated and cleaned my original SIM card, both issues went away and I haven't seen them since. Other than that the phone has been great!

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm in number two. The first one I replaced because of some terrible creaking and cracking noise issues. That was within the 14 day return widow so I received a brand new one (the only way you can get a brand new device). This one has been good so far, I have minor light bleed on the bottom that doesn't bother me and I've had the sim issue 3 times. But I don't think I'll be asking for a replacement any time soon unless it starts happening daily or something

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
On my refurbished phone I have 3 or more sim errors per day on a new Sim.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have some issues with my phone (mainly GPS and battery), but I've been holding off for months because I don't want to deal with having my phone sent away for weeks, or risk getting a refurb dud with its own mess of problems lol

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine has a noticable light bleed on black screens and a weird grey shadowy effect on white screens, but it isn't much of a deal. Other than that SIM seems to be the main issue. And the phone telling me I don't have internet connection when I'm obviously connected to either WiFi or 4g.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on #1 still never had the sim issue or screen issues only thing is every once in a while my camera chews away at the battery even though not in use, using literally 40-50% of the battery. Simply going in and closing it or restarting the phone seems to fix it. Not worth replacing for that minor inconvenience.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on my first one. The micro usb cover broke off after just a week but it's been pretty much flawless.