Trouble with flv player assignment on streaming download

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have two Android phones. One is a Galaxy S3 (which I am starting to prefer over the DNA, even though the DNA kicks the S3s butt in sheer speed) and of course our DNA. I have a number of flv video files out on Dropbox. I also have QQ player installed on both the DNA and the S3. QQ player handles FLVs just fine. When I play them on my S3 from Dropbox, it launches QQ player and everything works. When I play them on my DNA, it shows a preview pane then says it cannot play the video file. It's not trying to launch QQ player. It *used* to launch QQ player, but something changed. I went to settings and app associations, and told it to use QQ player for streaming downloads. That doesn't help. I wanted to tell it to use QQ for ALL video, but it's not an option available for anything but streaming. Any idea why one phone works, the other does not? If I force the issue by manually placing the FLVs in a file folder on the DNA, it works - QQ player plays them just fine. But I don't want to do that because the DNA has quite limited local storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87