DROID DNA 2.xx Moonshine s-off / RevOne S-off RELEASED

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't contain my excitement. Crap. I can't do this right now either because I've got a new DNA arriving on Tuesday! Dang :( Maybe by then there will be a video review, but I'm already running linux, so thats not an issue.

Edit: I'm not a mod but this should definitely be stickied until there is a How-To to replace it.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't contain my excitement. Crap. I can't do this right now either because I've got a new DNA arriving on Tuesday! Dang :( Maybe by then there will be a video review, but I'm already running linux, so thats not an issue.

Seems like moonshine is a little easier but I'm just waayy to lazy to instal linux atm, I'm downloading adb and just gonna give it a try without a tutorial, will report back in a few hours

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Seems like moonshine is a little easier but I'm just waayy to lazy to instal linux atm, I'm downloading adb and just gonna give it a try without a tutorial, will report back in a few hours

The Ubuntu windows installer is super easy! Unless you've got some awkward hardware it will be up and running in minutes! You can uninstall it from windows anytime as well!

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Ubuntu

I can't wait to root this thing next week!

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Any of you guys try it yet? Im about to try the moonshine method just installed Ubuntu kinda excited i miss my root!

I have not tried it. I would have already but I've got a warranty replacement on the way, so I don't want to void my warranty by rooting right before I get it. :)

I'm excited to hear how this goes for you!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Someone jump it so I can know how hard it is :p

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370650084.575398.jpg

and what you can't see is the lone tear streaming down my cheek.

FYI, I had no problems with moonshine on a 64-bit Ubuntu install with 32-bit libraries installed.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Someone jump it so I can know how hard it is :p

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

If you have linux installed, you literally download it, extract it, run it (terminal), type yes a couple of times, wait 10-15 minutes and viola, you have achieved maximum zen. Also, make sure you have fastboot turned off before attempting the installation,

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 70769

and what you can't see is the lone tear streaming down my cheek.

FYI, I had no problems with moonshine on a 64-bit Ubuntu install with 32-bit libraries installed.

Hdufufhdisjsj.

Are you in any position to help a n00b like me? I'm not looking to do it right now, I have to install ubuntu first, but I have no clue where to even start :(

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
The Ubuntu windows installer is super easy! Unless you've got some awkward hardware it will be up and running in minutes! You can uninstall it from windows anytime as well!

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Ubuntu

I can't wait to root this thing next week!

Wait, are you saying you can install a Linux environment inside of Windows to complete this? I have Windows 8 on a partition of my MacBook Pro, so if I can run Linux in an environment on my Windows 8 partition, I am all about it.

Also, the stable versions of Linux for my system are 64-bit and Moonshine has 32-bit libraries, has anyone had success in doing this with a 64-bit Linux system?

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hdufufhdisjsj.

Are you in any position to help a n00b like me? I'm not looking to do it right now, I have to install ubuntu first, but I have no clue where to even start :(

I have a native installation on a secondary HDD, but you'd probably just want to go this route (http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows). That is if you don't fall in love with Linux in a desktop environment. You don't have to use Ubuntu, but it's one of the more popular distributions with easier access to layman's support IMO.

Wait, are you saying you can install a Linux environment inside of Windows to complete this? I have Windows 8 on a partition of my MacBook Pro, so if I can run Linux in an environment on my Windows 8 partition, I am all about it.

Also, the stable versions of Linux for my system are 64-bit and Moonshine has 32-bit libraries, has anyone had success in doing this with a 64-bit Linux system?

I used a 64-bit Ubuntu 12.10 installation using 32-bit libraries without issue.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, my Saturday just got a whole lot better... Moonshine is gonna be made for my DNA..... Hehehe

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Still trying to determine where to start... :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87