Sense 5 + 4.2.2 update soon?

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
we can only hope. but we are dealing with verizon here, must have their approval first and they are notorious for holding up updates.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
At the very least, shouldn't this make it easier for devs to port a Sense 5/4.2.2 ROM to the DNA?

Posted via Android Central App

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it will make it easier for the developers to make a build off the butterfly update. They are already working on it from what I've heard :)

wshwe

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is always the slowest of the big 4 carriers. It's a joke how long it's taken them to sell the HTC One.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Verizon is always the slowest of the big 4 carriers. It's a joke how long it's taken them to sell the HTC One.

That's why I've always rooted and and received my updates from the developers, gives you a little control. Joel over at xda is very close to having a full functional 4.2.2 ROM so it shouldn't be to long for the rooted users.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I would welcome the new update. I want to mess with Sense 5 more. I wouldnt mind rooting my phone but I just havent really got the courage to do any messing with my phones still. Might have to look into it more as time passes.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm not too crazy about the update really. I tried out the One at ATT and I immediately noticed my DNA was generally snappier than Sense 5 on the One. Who knows... maybe this is because of Blinkfeed? so I'm hesitant at this point.

from my DNA

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
They really need to get around to it getting bored with my DNA which is a shame its a fantastic device

What any Sense 5 will keep you from getting bored? Blink feed and Zoes?

I'm interested in them both, but I don't see anything that is awe inspiring about them.

Steve

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
What any Sense 5 will keep you from getting bored? Blink feed and Zoes?

I'm interested in them both, but I don't see anything that is awe inspiring about them.

Steve

Yeah, Im not expecting sense 5 to suddenly make the phone suddenly wow me all over again. I would like to get it, but I love the phone as is. Still the best android Ive used.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
who cares about blinkfeed! thats what flipboard is for. I've always hated sense but 4+ is pretty nice.... for the most part. sense 5 just annoys me. but im jumping to the xphon when it comes out

justwar88

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I doubt they are going to release an update until atleast a month after the HTC One is available.. Doesn't make sense from a $$ standpoint

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, Im not expecting sense 5 to suddenly make the phone suddenly wow me all over again. I would like to get it, but I love the phone as is. Still the best android Ive used.

I agree that the phone is great and Sense 5 will be unlikely to cause most people to be wowed by their DNA's again. However, I just want to have an updated version of Android that permits text message notifications on the lock screen. I am a fan of the Galaxy S4 for that reason. I like being able to read the message on the lock screen and determine whether I need to go through the trouble of punching in my password to open up the text messaging app and reply to an inane message.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the phone is great and Sense 5 will be unlikely to cause most people to be wowed by their DNA's again. However, I just want to have an updated version of Android that permits text message notifications on the lock screen. I am a fan of the Galaxy S4 for that reason. I like being able to read the message on the lock screen and determine whether I need to go through the trouble of punching in my password to open up the text messaging app and reply to an inane message.

Sense 4+ allows a preview of text messages on the lock screen including sender and the first two lines of the text... usually enough to decide if it's worth opening your phone.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Try widgetlocker. You can do virtually anything with that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress