Android Market Early Update help!

Troglodyt3

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So I am new to smartphones and I would say my tech skills are probably poor at this point. I love my DINC2 and am enjoying learning as much as I can. At any rate, I saw this link regarding forcing your phone to update the Android store early:

Get the Latest Android Market Before the Official Update Rolls Out

So, I went and tried to do it. I downloaded the file to my laptop and then connected my phone via USB and selected "Mount as Disk Drive". I found the file on my laptop and then dragged it to the phone. Trouble is that I cannot open it (or see it) after I put it on my phone, even though I see it happening when I drag it via the laptop. I even created a folder when it was connected and that folder won't show up on the phone. I've searched everywhere on the phone: Notifications, Downloads, Applications, it's driving me nuts not knowing how to do this.

Another thing is when I connect the phone it asks me to install the drivers, which i select, then it asks me to insert the CD that came with the phone. There was no CD and when I choose to search over the internet, nothing comes back. It somehow did install the V Cast Media Manager on my taskbar, but that has been of little use and I would actually like to uninstall that off my laptop but cannot seem to locate that file to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The uninstall should be in the menu on your laptop when you go to add/remove software assuming you are using a windows based PC. The drivers for HTC phone should have been installed too at that point it not you can always go to the HTC website download HTC sync and install that you will get the driver package then and even if you uninstall sync the drivers should remain. As far as getting the new market installed if you put it in the downloads folder then on your phone go into applications find the one marked downloads then click the API for the new market it will install it you have to have allow non market applications checked to do it though. If you want to find it where you copied it to in the first place go to the market and download one of the file manager apps like astro or any of the others. Open it seeks out the folder you created on the SD card when you copied it over and again just click on it and it will ask you what to do with it. Just tell it to run and it will be installed.

The biggest key is once you have it copied onto your SD card you have to tell it to RN from the phone itself.

Troglodyt3

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to reply!! Your suggestions worked out. The only trouble is I still have that VCast Media Manager in my system tray whenever I plug the USB in but can't find it anywherre in the uninstall programs area of my laptop. Oh well.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to reply!! Your suggestions worked out. The only trouble is I still have that VCast Media Manager in my system tray whenever I plug the USB in but can't find it anywherre in the uninstall programs area of my laptop. Oh well.

Same here. I just close that dialog box when it appears.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You need to get a program called Astro File Viewer...that will allow you to install APK files to your phone (which the gmail market download you're referring to is).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38