Does nobody want this??

upworlder

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I keep returning to these threads and nobody seems to be posting much even though press photos and details keep leaking out. While I would love a 4G phone and am in an area where there is blanket LTE coverage, the tech is still first gen so the devices are fat and the radios inefficient. For the time being, this little guy seems to be near perfect given the non-behemoth (powersucking) screen, slim styling, and likely rootability. Just wondering why the community response has been decidedly "meh." :-\

nbaresejr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am very much interested in this phone.

I am currently deciding between this and the thunderbolt. I live just outside of NYC and my house is not in the LTE zone right now. My parents house and my job are both within the LTE zone.

Reasons why i am thinking about it:
1. Battery is 1450 vs 1400 in the bolt, should last a tad longer
2. 4" vs 4.3" screen, again should make the battery last longer and plenty bigger then my BB storm 1.
3. 3g vs 4g- my house is outside 4g and really what do i possible need internet faster then the wifi at my house. 3g suits my needs just fine when not by a computer.
4. Price- should be cheaper, how much cheaper plays a role in what i get.

Reason why i may not get it.
1. Smaller onboard storage- some reports are 1gb others say 4gb. 1gb is just too small for a higher end device. The TB has 8 onboard and only 2.6 or so unused for apps. inc2 has 16gb sd card and tb has 32gb sd card. so big difference in storage.

I guess until official info is released and i hold both i will better be able to make a decision.

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I originally wanted a Thunderbolt, thinking I wanted the "newest and greatest". However, after really thinking through the pros and cons, I realized that the DINC2 is perfect for what I need. Coming from a Palm Pre, The 4" screen will still feel huge, without the overbearing 4.3" behemoth that is the Thunderbolt. 4G is not really an issue for me. I live in an area without it, and it will stay that way for quite some time. Even with it, I don't want to trust the next two years of my life with a phone that is basically a beta tester for Verizon LTE. 3G is plenty fast when I am not in earshot of a wifi router.
I think too many people wrote this phone off as just an incremental update to the original DINC, and not worth it compared to the new stuff coming out this year. I don't need a dual-core, top-of-the-line, super-de-dooper WXFLCD screen phone for my purposes. I need a solid workhorse that looks good, performs well, and has at least SOME staying power. I think this phone will prove to have that, just as the original DINC has.

Reactions: omxmmn

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I keep returning to these threads and nobody seems to be posting much even though press photos and details keep leaking out. While I would love a 4G phone and am in an area where there is blanket LTE coverage, the tech is still first gen so the devices are fat and the radios inefficient. For the time being, this little guy seems to be near perfect given the non-behemoth (powersucking) screen, slim styling, and likely rootability. Just wondering why the community response has been decidedly "meh." :-\

I think it hasn't got the attention because first all the hype was for the Bolt being LTE because everyone thought that was supposed to be the successor to the Incredible and now people who passed on the Bolt are waiting for the dual core invasion to start. This phone just got lost in fold having neither of those. I still think this phone is too big for not having either of those. It has almost the same dimensions as the bolt with global capability being the only advantage other than the hope of a longer battery life. And even with the global capability, you pay astronomically high roaming fees. That being said, I am still thinking about getting this phone if the battery life ends up being a lot better than the bolt because I really don't need the blazing speeds of 4G or use my phone extensively to need a dual core. I just wish this phone was actually the "little guy" that the original was. You would think with the success that the original had that there were not too many complaints about the size. It had the great feel that the iphone has so I don't know why they would change it unless it was necessary to add in the global capability

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The only real differences I see are 4.0 screen and global ready. Was hoping for 4.0 screen, dual core, 16g onboard, etc.....

jorian85

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Not Interested

I've already got the original Dinc and with it rooted and overclocked (plus the extended battery) I just don't see a point to this phone, I don't plan to leave the country any time soon either. I'm one of those waiting for a ridiculously big screen, a dual core processor and 4G. Might be the Bionic but I might wait for something like a Galaxy S II or whatever else might come out.

Sean Brunett

May 24, 2010
Visit site

The Inc 2 will be a fantastic phone. No, it won't be dual-core, but if you want dual-core, there are other options. The next generation Snapdragon will work fine, the 4-inch screen will be really nice. I think this will provide a solid Android experience without having to trade off with battery life or anything.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am stuck between this and the Droid Charge... Charge because of the screen and the Inc2 because it's global. I'd rather the Charge but I'm studying abroad in the fall and Inc2 seems to fit the need better. Well see.. I have an original Inc and it's been pretty good other then a completely smashed screen.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
im really stuck here, i was all about this phone but now that HTC has decided to go the whole locked down MOTO route, Im not really sure. My Inc is rooted and has been for a long time and flashing new ROMs and trying new options are one of my biggest loves. Now not so sure and Im disappointed to see HTC going this route!!!!!

Progenitor42

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm playing the "Wait and see" game with the latest Android phones from Verizon. I'm due for an upgrade in July and by then most of these so called next gen phones will have been released by then and will have been thoroughly reviewed. I'm coming from a Storm2 and while at first I loved the phone I cannot stand it now. It doesn't help that it's suffered a few falls but nonetheless it's due for replacement. The earpiece is shot and I'm nearly at a battery pull a day.

When Verizon offered me a chance to upgrade to a Dinc last year I had to pass because I didn't have the extra funds. Now I'm following the Thunderbolt and I like what I see but I don't live in a 4G area yet and my phone needs aren't that great. The Dinc fell, and still falls, within my usage needs. I'm also looking to see what else comes out by July. By then I should have a good idea of what works and what doesn't.

I'm looking hard at this phone. Hopefully it'll still be relevant in two years when my next upgrade is available.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have at least until January for the contract on this phone (DInc1) to run out.

I have it rooted with Cyanogen 7 running beautifully.

I'll probably run this phone into the ground before I buy another. But I will not consider any phone that I cannot root/jailbreak.

I'd sooner buy an iphone (which at least allows for jail breaking) before buying a locked down Android.

Hopefully HTC will consider its base. I'm a huge Incredible fan. If there's a Dinc 3 by the time I'm in the market that meets my needs Im there.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am stuck between this and the Droid Charge... Charge because of the screen and the Inc2 because it's global. I'd rather the Charge but I'm studying abroad in the fall and Inc2 seems to fit the need better. Well see.. I have an original Inc and it's been pretty good other then a completely smashed screen.

If you'll be overseas for a few months (Europe?), I think you're better off picking up an inexpensive unlocked Android phone and using prepaid voice/data SIMs. At the end of your stay, you can sell the phone on eBay and probably get back most of what you paid for it. Or there may be carriers with killer promotional deals for phones and month-to-month services.

I say this after thinking I wanted a global phone, but with VzW's rapacious costs for a global plan (in comparison to what you can get for prepaid), I've thought again and the advantages of a global phone just don't outweigh the disadvantages.

In terms of the Dinc2, there's plenty to like, but I do think that other devices, like the LG Revolution and the Samsung Charge and others, are even more attractive if you're willing to forego either/both dual-core and LTE capability.

Reactions: edoublediz

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I also came from BB. I have the Incredible stock. Haven't rooted. LOVE THIS PHONE. I am not due till next year but if I was it would be this phone. I am not jumping onto the 4g . 3g is fine for me. I have no complaints about my Incredible. I have it the way I want it. Internet is great in it. Its successor will be just as awesome. If you are seriously considering it you will be pleased

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I get an upgrade every year and I'm thinking about getting this since my dinc has been really good to me (and survived my clumsiness) so I think this would be an obvious progression, but I'm intrigued by the play and rev too, and absolutely drooling over the bionic. Cost will be a major deciding factor.

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
im really stuck here, i was all about this phone but now that HTC has decided to go the whole locked down MOTO route, Im not really sure. My Inc is rooted and has been for a long time and flashing new ROMs and trying new options are one of my biggest loves. Now not so sure and Im disappointed to see HTC going this route!!!!!

Trust me, HTC's security measures are NOTHING like moto's.

To put this in perspective-
1- HTC Thunderbolt - Signed and using the same security measures that the Dinc2 will use.
2- HTC Thunderbolt - Rooted and NAND unlocked with the assistance of a Engineering/MFG bootloader.
3 - Guess what leaked on the internet? The Engineering/MFG bootloader for the Dinc2.

If rooting and flashing is your concern, just give it a little time. This bad boy will be unlocked.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
For those concerned with battery life, htc is known to sacrifice it on nearly every phone. Dinc and tbolt both have tolerable (not good) life, and the dinc 2 with a 4 inch screen is likely going to have similar performance in that respect.

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Dual-core sounds sexy and all, but not sure if the average user will notice any improvement at this stage of the game. On the other hand, there _will_ almost certainly be "issues" with the dual-core that I won't mind avoiding. The TB's 4.3 screen is just a bit larger than I want to carry around. Plus I'll take any increase in battery life that I can get. Near as I can tell, mem, RAM, and SD will be more than adequate for most people. If not, just spring for a bigger SD card. I probably won't use the global capabilities unless my job takes a turn for the strange. Oh, and getting a phone that costs less than the wife's TB earns me points ;)

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
So I'm not a normal user but I am not impressed way Inc 2, mainly because its a downgrade from other devices. I hope the price reflects the specs. Personally I would much rather have the Thunderbolt because I would like to get the unlimited 4G for $30 before they change their data plans, I will buy my future phones at retail if that means I get to keep the data plan.