Got mine today. The finding GPS is taking a long time. I did take the phone out of Global mode restricting it to CDMA, and Data roaming is disabled, as is VZW Location services. Is all that OK?
    05-04-2011 02:22 PM
    Just got a lock with 5 seconds had me within 10m almost instantly is stand alone gps enabled
    05-04-2011 02:29 PM
    Mine is pretty slow too.. :/ also have cdma only selected. don't know how to undue
    05-05-2011 01:12 AM
    My mom just got the incredible 2 and I was worried that her phone wasn't working properly. Her phone is constantly telling her she is another city in Ohio and when she uses any apps it always locates stuff in that area...it then eventually locks in her location.

However, this is a real problem especially trying to use the navigation.

It's like the GPS signal keeps bouncing around the state of Ohio and won't lock and stay locked.
    05-05-2011 10:06 AM
    Go into Settings>Location and change the options. By default the phone is set to use VZ, GPS and Google and that might be causing the issue/conflict. I have it set to only use google and I turn on GPS as I need it and have had 0 issues with the signal.
    05-05-2011 10:34 AM
    sorry but what's the difference between all those 3 options?
    05-05-2011 10:53 AM
    Go into Settings>Location and change the options. By default the phone is set to use VZ, GPS and Google and that might be causing the issue/conflict. I have it set to only use google and I turn on GPS as I need it and have had 0 issues with the signal.
    Thanks for the info. I tried this on her phone and it is still picking up locations 2 to 3 hours away. I'm thinking she might just have to go back and get an exchange unless it's a software problem.
    05-05-2011 11:17 AM
    sorry but what's the difference between all those 3 options?
    Stand-a-lone gps would mean to only use the phones built GPS, VZW would be to rely on the cell towers and I'm assuming the Google one is a combination of the two.
    05-05-2011 11:43 AM
    Google location services really don't help much the big two you need are VZW and stand alone gps. I haven't had the issue yet it could be a defective unit I would say try a factory reset then move onto a return
    05-05-2011 12:52 PM
    update: I think my gps was only slow to lock because I was already moving when I activated it. From a stand still with little obstruction, I it locks on just fine.
    05-13-2011 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD