Email not picking up?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My POP service hasn't been working very well. I can go to my computer and see email sitting in my Yahoo inbox but I can see it isn't on my phone. The email can sit there for hours and not get picked up despite the fact that my mail is set to retrieve every 15 mins.

This is an issue on both 3G and Wi-Fi. It never happened before yesterday that I know of. I even did a hard reset and it is happening again. I don't think this is a Yahoo issue since my XOOM on Wi-Fi has no issues with the same mail.

Anyone else have an issue here?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have tried autosync. A few others have the same issue in other forums too. THe oly thing I have come up w successfully is to delete and resetup Yahoo using IMAP (under manual settings). I've had no issues since doing that.

I'm not sure why the DINC1 did POP and this one struggles with it. My XOOM has no issues either. Others have reported POP issues w Hotmail as well.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
are tyou using the default email application? i've read that k-9 does a much better job than the default email app.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I've read the same. I almost picked up K-9 last night but (after trying IMAP), I'm happy for now with stock. I'm phasing out the Yahoo anyway so I just have to monitor it for stragglers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez