Nav Voice is Distorted

LocrianGroove

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
From my use of the Google Nav app on the OGD and the TB, I've come to expect a decent-quality voice for turn by turn directions. The DInc2 voice is the same, but it's extremely harsh sounding. Anyone else had this problem?

silverghost

May 14, 2011
Visit site
From my use of the Google Nav app on the OGD and the TB, I've come to expect a decent-quality voice for turn by turn directions. The DInc2 voice is the same, but it's extremely harsh sounding. Anyone else had this problem?

Yep, the NAV voice sucks, but I have no idea how to change or improve the sound quality. Maybe someone else has an idea.

LocrianGroove

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if my phone is defective, or if everyone's DInc2 Nav voice has an excessively harsh sound that is unlike the Nav voice in other Android phones.

The Nav voice sound quality is bad on all phones, but mine is especially bad. Can anyone confirm that their Inc2 Nav voice sounds harsh compared to other Android phones?

LocrianGroove

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
It turns out that all audio that plays through the rear speaker is extremely bright (the high frequencies are very much accentuated), that is unless you're listening to something, such as voice mail, that lacks high frequency content to begin with. It just makes the Nav voice, which is already bad, extremely unpleasant. I've found that partially blocking the speaker makes it somewhat tolerable.