Incredible Won't Exit Boot Loop

willmusto

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My Dinc is not rooted, nothing special done to it, etc., etc.

I got the application data space low message this morning, and when I tried to clear the data on some apps, it wouldn't clear. Suddenly I got a Open Sense Plugin Manager Stopped Unexpectedly error, and that wouldn't allow me to do anything with any of my apps--uninstall, etc.

I did a soft reset to try and correct the Open Sense Plugin Manager error so that I could fix the Application Data Space Low error, and suddenly my phone refuses to start. For the past nearly two hours it has sat in a boot loop, where it shows the white HTC screen and then shows the "eyeball" graphic and says, "DROOOIIIID." and then goes back to the HTC screen, then back to the eyeball graphic...ad naseum.

I'm willing to do a factory reset if that is required, but I'm curious if I can possibly retrieve the photos I have on the phone. Everything else I'm willing to lose/have backed up, but the photos are not...evidently they don't save to the SD Card?

Finally...I have a buddy who works in customer service at a Verizon Store, but the store is ~40 minutes from me. Should I just go to his store and see what he can do for me? Or will this be possible to fix on my own?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd call your buddy first and ask, but I'm betting that there's nothing he can do until the phone is booted.

If you want - Boot into HBOOT by turning the phone off completely, then starting the phone by pushing the Power and Vol Down button at the same time. In HBOOT there is a factory reset option.

After the factory reset you will have to go through the login and setup again.

Once that is complete, download this:
Easeus Deleted File Recovery - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads
or another free file recovery tool from download.com and immediately connect to your PC and run the tool on the drive that is your internal memory.

Don't wait, the more you write to that partition the harder it will be to rescue anything.

Good luck!

Reactions: davidnc and Lee_Bo

ramireh3

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My Dinc is not rooted, nothing special done to it, etc., etc.

I got the application data space low message this morning, and when I tried to clear the data on some apps, it wouldn't clear. Suddenly I got a Open Sense Plugin Manager Stopped Unexpectedly error, and that wouldn't allow me to do anything with any of my apps--uninstall, etc.

I did a soft reset to try and correct the Open Sense Plugin Manager error so that I could fix the Application Data Space Low error, and suddenly my phone refuses to start. For the past nearly two hours it has sat in a boot loop, where it shows the white HTC screen and then shows the "eyeball" graphic and says, "DROOOIIIID." and then goes back to the HTC screen, then back to the eyeball graphic...ad naseum.

I'm willing to do a factory reset if that is required, but I'm curious if I can possibly retrieve the photos I have on the phone. Everything else I'm willing to lose/have backed up, but the photos are not...evidently they don't save to the SD Card?

Finally...I have a buddy who works in customer service at a Verizon Store, but the store is ~40 minutes from me. Should I just go to his store and see what he can do for me? Or will this be possible to fix on my own?

Had the same thing happen to me last week. Pissed me off actually. I had to do a hard reset and build the phone back from scratch. Your pictures that were loaded on there should still be there once you have reset which you probably have already. But I wish I knew what caused this so I can avoid it in the future.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
It finally happened to me too. I'm rooted but running stock and in haste just went ahead and did a factory reset. That said, I do have a question. Since I am rooted, could I have just gone into recovery and restored? Wondering if anyone has tried this.

Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty