uninstalling Facebook app

P.I.M.P 50

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
How do I uninstall facebook app. When I go to manage apps it only gives me the option to uninstall updates. After I uninstall updates the uninstall option is greyed out.

Reactions: vantechmag

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you downloaded the app from the market, which I assume you did, then just go to the "my apps" page in the market and choose the Facebook app. You should then see an option to uninstall it.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to Menu, then settings. From Settings go to applications and wait for it to populate (it may take some time depending on how many apps you have). Then look for Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense. Click on each and choose "delete"...That should do it.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Go to Menu, then settings. From Settings go to applications and wait for it to populate (it may take some time depending on how many apps you have). Then look for Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense. Click on each and choose "delete"...That should do it.

You can not delete the Facebook for hc sense only the one u can delete is the one u downloaded from the market

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: lisawang1983

P.I.M.P 50

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
You can not delete the Facebook for hc sense only the one u can delete is the one u downloaded from the market

Keeps force closing just trying to repair it so it works. Tried uninstalling updates clearing cache and re installing but still have same problem.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Keeps force closing just trying to repair it so it works. Tried uninstalling updates clearing cache and re installing but still have same problem.

So we are talking about the Facebook app from the market. I would try deleting the app and them go through your SD card and see if there is a Facebook folder that could be leaving data behind and not letting the issue fix it self

P.I.M.P 50

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So we are talking about the Facebook app from the market. I would try deleting the app and them go through your SD card and see if there is a Facebook folder that could be leaving data behind and not letting the issue fix it self

Facebook for android there is no uninstall or delete option its greyed out. Only option is uninstalling updates.

eupher

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. It only gives you the option to uninstall the previous updates and to rivert the app back to its initial factory setting.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. It only gives you the option to uninstall the previous updates and to rivert the app back to its initial factory setting.

This is very odd I knew u could not remove Facebook for HTC sense but the android app should be removable. I would email HTC andd see what's up.

sent through the force using my Thunderbolt

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced a similar problem. And to add to my troubles, facebook no longer shows up as update-able in the market, even though I am running the default install. Previously it did, so I am very confused that I no longer have the option to update in the market. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
One time I had a problem with my SD card. I did a reset and the issue was resolved. It may help with an app as well. I know it is an inconvenience but worth a try

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook for HTC Sense app is cooked into the OS of the phone and can't be uninstalled unless you root.

vantechmag

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem... I don't use either Facebook or Google Voice Search, which was "generously included" in the ROM of my SE xperia pro... So I naturally want to delete both (including three extra "supporting" Facebook apps) mainly because Facebook autostart all the time, even if I never use it... And secondary because they nag me to update (whish would steal a lot of free space from ram) two or sometimes three times every XXX day!!!

But I don't want to be forced to root, just because of this... How can I fix this anyhow???

It should be some smart app that give access to rom, at least let me uninstall bloatware and then lock down rom again... Like soft or temporary root!

Last edited:

mjrydsfast

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: uninstalling Facebook app (Samsung Galaxy S)

I had the same problems as written throughout the forum so, when I solved mine, I joined this forum just so I could help:

1. Click "Settings" icon (gear image) on your phone's desktop or find it in your directory.
2. Select "Applications". It's right above "accounts and sync on mine, blue square with four little white ones in it.
3. Select "Manage Applications"
4. Tap "third-party" on top, far left, next to "running"
5. Find "Facebook" and tap/select
6. THERE, finally, you'll see the "uninstall" option in the upper right. Click that baby and you're done!
7. Thank you Sweet Baby Jesus...
I'll stick with accessing the desktop version. It doesn't slow down my phone nor bomb me with updates at inconvenient times, slowing down my phone.

Attachments

• bunny suicide.jpg
    bunny suicide.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 11

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non