Which Keyboard Do You Prefer for Your Droid Inc.?

Which Keyboard Do You Prefer on your Droid Inc.?

• Total voters

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
After over a year of ownership (and in some cases, less), our texting input choices have grown exponentially. With so many choices, I am curious as to which keyboard you use and for which purpose. Do you use one for texting and another for e-mail? Or does one keyboard rule them all?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Swiftkey X and the creepy part is, after awhile, as you type, this thing seems to read your mind. I guess it takes time for the prediction algoritm to figure tendencies in your text pattern. But it is crazy accurate. Flex T9 I almost used exclusively until Swiftkey X.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the stock Sense Froyo keyboard, though I have used Swype and have recently downloaded Swiftkey X, but haven't used Swiftkey enough to know if I like it or not yet...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I used Swype for a few days and it never really clicked for me. Never tried Swiftkey, but it does seem to be very popular. So far I'm just sticking with the Stock GB keyboard in CM7. It works great and I haven't really felt a need to switch.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I used Swype for a few days and it never really clicked for me. Never tried Swiftkey, but it does seem to be very popular. So far I'm just sticking with the Stock GB keyboard in CM7. It works great and I haven't really felt a need to switch.

Your not missing much. I've been using Swiftkey since it was free from Amazon a few days ago. I'm sure it has its pluses but the stock GB is, for me, alot more user friendly. Less typo's, better layout. I'll give it a few more days before I make a final "verdict" but so far, GB keyboard is my fav.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So at least I will know what to look for when the DInc finally gets it's GB update. I am curious about the GB keyboard, as I have heard people say it's head and shoulders above anything stock Froyo.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So at least I will know what to look for when the DInc finally gets it's GB update. I am curious about the GB keyboard, as I have heard people say it's head and shoulders above anything stock Froyo.

Wail I prefer Swiftkey X the stock Gingerbread keyboard is pretty great. Unfortunately if the Dinc gets a Gingerbread update it will come with the HTC keyboard, not the stock Gingerbread keyboard, and I've never liked HTC's keyboard. If you want to give the stock keyboard a try it's available in the market.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free&feature=search_result

alec.welch

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have used shapewriter from the first day I got my incredible, and I keep going back to it, I've tried every keyboard and found it to always the best IMO.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Have Swype and SwiftKey X. Prefer Swype as an input method, but still find that the stock Froyo keyboard is the most reliable (i.e., not laggy) in the largest number of situations. Also, I always seem to be fighting the text predictions on Swype and SwiftKey, even though I add words as I go along and have used the Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, and SMS personalization on SwiftKey X.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded SwiftKey X over the weekend and I absolutely love it. The word predictions are amazing. I've increased my typing speed and accuracy exponentially.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I love SwiftKey and so most of your respondents so far. It learns how you think and suggest words you will most likely say next. Sometimes it suggests a better word than you were thinking. It gets so good, it is a litlle scary.

Great question to ask. In the end it is whatever feels best to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jowlah

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the smartkey board pro and LOVE it. I did try the Swift key X when offered free from Amazon. I don't like it as well as smartkey . I am back with smartkey . It is personal preference.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I love SwiftKey and so most of your respondents so far.

Great question to ask.

Thanks. I figured with all the choices out there, now was a great time to poll the Android Community and find out more about what keyboard habits they have. SwiftKey is really good. I like how you can have a theme color (Neon for me!) for your keyboard. The more customization, the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38