Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I went into a VZW store today and I must say... the phone looks pretty incredible. :p I'm due for an upgrade in July, and this just might just be the Droid I'm looking for, depending on what else is out.

My question is, for those of you that got the phone, what is there that you DON'T like about it?

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

I don't like that I have been unable to put it down. I also don't like how its too customizable.
I really hate the awesome HTC keyboard and also hate the fact that it has been getting me some serious attention from the ladies.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't like that I have been unable to put it down. I also don't like how its too customizable.
I really hate the awesome HTC keyboard and also hate the fact that it has been getting me some serious attention from the ladies.

too funny! lol :D:p

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Serious gripes:

- The Facebook app was better on Blackberry in terms of notification. Note: I haven't tried Bloo yet.
- The battery runs down very quickly, but that could just be me playing with the phone while GPS, WiFi and CDMA are all running at once at the brightest display setting allowed.

Regardless, I'm very happy with the phone so far, and that's before getting past the learning curve of adjusting to a whole new OS.

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Got to the VZ store just in time, got one this morning. Nice. My issue is the apparent lesser signal strength as compared to my wife's pixi. I know some have mentioned this before, and some have said don't pay attention and look at the decibels, but its like half the pixi. I guess I'll have to wait and compare over the next few days. Honestly, typical HTC. Never without some sort of bug. I thought it would at least be a couple of days before a dust under the screen thread popped up....

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Ditto. Well except the ladies part :p

This is by far the best phone I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean? How do the notifications work on the Android FB app?

How do they work? Rarely... I've only had intermittent notification. Even BB had their issues. It seemed on BB that I received 60-70% of the notifications. With Android, I've only received a couple so it's probably at about 10-20%.

However, the rest of the phone clearly makes up for me having to review Facebook notifications manually within the App...

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Gripe? I would say not having full Yahoo integration/sync. You can receive your Yahoo mail but when you delete, that doesn't sync back to my actual inbox online (as far as I know unless I'm doing something wrong).

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Got to the VZ store just in time, got one this morning. Nice. My issue is the apparent lesser signal strength as compared to my wife's pixi. I know some have mentioned this before, and some have said don't pay attention and look at the decibels, but its like half the pixi. I guess I'll have to wait and compare over the next few days. Honestly, typical HTC. Never without some sort of bug. I thought it would at least be a couple of days before a dust under the screen thread popped up....

Seriously!! We can put a man on the moon but we cant build a cell phone that doesn't allow dust under the screen!! CMON! There should be a team of people for every manufacturer that all they do ALL DAY is R&D to eliminate dust under screens!

Scincidae

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
How do they work? Rarely... I've only had intermittent notification. Even BB had their issues. It seemed on BB that I received 60-70% of the notifications. With Android, I've only received a couple so it's probably at about 10-20%.

However, the rest of the phone clearly makes up for me having to review Facebook notifications manually within the App...

I will be getting the Inc soon but my iPhone has the same Facebook problems. Some days I will get 70-90% of my notifications and some days I will get <20%. I am not sure that it is the Android FB App or just that FB notifications on all platforms have their up and down days.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
lack of push twitter, hotmail and other notifications

having to press the top lock button every time to see the screen (probably a fix for this)

screen in any sun is about useless as expected

contact sync with outlook worked but it changed some contacts and now syncing with my BB causes some conflicts lol

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For me I would say the battery.. it needs a much stronger battery.. because the phone is so addictive.. it gets used a lot and the battery should be much stronger. hopefully the extended battery will be amazing :)

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean? How do the notifications work on the Android FB app?

Limjelo beat me to the punch, although I had better luck with the BB app:

I haven't gotten a single notification to come through. Best I can do is browse through the widget or open the app manually to see what's going on...

Also, I had a minor issue with my car's AUX input - plugging the phone's headphone jack into it caused it to think I was trying to place a voice call. :confused:

tsailor1

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Battery life on this phone seems to be a little week. I have had phone for 3 days now and by 9pm is almost dead (comes off charger at 8am). With my Droid I went all day and at 9pm I still had 40% battery. Other then the battery the phone is awesome. A couple peoples posts said they put them side by side with droid and droid was faster but I cant see it. the Incredible is much smoother and to me it seems faster.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of the stock keyboard - I prefer the Droid's stock keyboard personally

You sir just might be the only person in the world that feels this way. :D

Let me put it this way.... I dont know of anyone porting the MotoDroid's keyboard for use in other phones.... but there are tons of HTC keyboards over at XDA for use on the MotoDroid. Its one of the first things I changed when I got my MotoDroid.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
A couple peoples posts said they put them side by side with droid and droid was faster but I cant see it. the Incredible is much smoother and to me it seems faster.

They all have one thing in common... they cant get an upgrade or wont pay full retail. This is known as sour grapes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non