message signature

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see any setting in the stock message application for a signature. I use Handcent for text messages and it allows for a signature to be added plus so many more customizations.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
i have previously found a setting for signature and actually set it up but now i cannot find how i got there to set it up originally. There is definitely a way but i forgot

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
yep stock phone, not rooted.and DOGGONIT i just saw it this morning and i actually do have a signature set but i CANNOT find it now, I SWEAR i saw it today

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I had to track down a coworker with a stock 2.2 phone:

From the mail app, go to menu/more/settings/general settings/signature.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Thank you sooo much! I knew i saw it earlier, just forgot how, Thanks again!!!!!! now if it would just work for texting :)

Aurora Kinney

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Looking at my phone mine is a 2.2.2. I can't find the signature for my android. Would my phone have the signature app or would I have to download something to get it?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Looking at my phone mine is a 2.2.2. I can't find the signature for my android. Would my phone have the signature app or would I have to download something to get it?
Are you taking about for texting or email? Each program/app that allows a signature will have the option somewhere in its settings. There isn't a universal place, though an app just for signatures that let's you have one for use in lots of apps is an interesting idea.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus