"City ID" Crapware!

greggerm

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I've found 2 negatives to the dozens and dozens of positives with this phone right now. One is design-based, the other is software. Neither are showstoppers, but one is a pain in the butt for certain.

Number One: The notification LED on the front of the phone is both tiny and difficult to see. Poor design on the part of HTC with that one... I'd have preferred something far more noticeable so that I notice my notifications. (See! You noticed that!)

Number Two: "City ID"

W-T-F. Granted, it's software and I am sure someone somewhere will figure out how to get rid of it, but FOR CHRISTS SAKE - I FEEL LIKE I AM USING SOME NAGGING SHAREWARE whenever I am done with a call. (I guess that's because I am, much to my chagrin) NO, I do NOT want to subscribe to your &@^!, and to be honest, NO, I do NOT want to continue using a trial. I just want to get rid of the software. Make - it - go - away.

If anyone experiments with an uninstallation application that can kill this off, I'd appreciate to hear your results.

-Greg, a new Incredible owner.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I subscribed, its like 2 bux. But it will be handy for me when I am on call. I am a electronic tech for a hotel chain, and get calls from all over the country. That way I can see the city calling, and have an Idea of the property number.....

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I subscribed, its like 2 bux. But it will be handy for me when I am on call. I am a electronic tech for a hotel chain, and get calls from all over the country. That way I can see the city calling, and have an Idea of the property number.....
it's $1.99 per month, just to clarify. Someone will release an app soon that does this just as well.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
On my blackberry storm 2 you could hide and deactivate it. I do not want to subscribe what happens after the 15 days? Will it just stop working...if so I am fine with that

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Similar to a flashlight situation with blackberry. Several people developed a flashlight app. One small time developer decided to get his lawyer brother to distribute a letter demanding everyone cease distribution. They were patenting the flashlight application. Everyone pretty told them to blow it out their a**. Flashlight apps are still being developed and distributed. Dude looks like a complete idiot.

This situation is different. This appears legit.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Why HTC forced us to deal with this crapware, I will never understand. I just hope it shuts the hell up after the trial expires.

Open to any tips that might come to us here.

profshadow

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I stopped it but

I don't know if it will start back up.

Settings/Apps/Manage Apps/City ID /Stop

But yeah, I'm irked it won't go away either!

wrong1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had it on my last regular old phone. after the trial it was gone but it was annoying having to decline the subscription over and over again.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone...and I mean everyone sent a email to htc and vzw explaining that this app is the worst? I do not have a inc yet but if this is as annoying as it sounds multiple emails will go out.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone...and I mean everyone sent a email to htc and vzw explaining that this app is the worst? I do not have a inc yet but if this is as annoying as it sounds multiple emails will go out.

I have. I suggest everybody does until they get rid of it.

BriMcFly88

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
City ID, privacy concern

I bought an incredible and so did my girlfriend. Is there a way to make it so that when I call my girlfriend she CAN'T see what City I am calling from? I'm annoyed with it on my phone.... but extremely annoyed that my location is going to be given out to every single person I call who has an Incredible.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

That won't work. If you've owned a BB then you know about Bing, they didn't remove that and they received tons of emails about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87