Question Installing fonts on a Galaxy S8 phone running Android 9 (One UI 1.0)

HeyImAmy

Oct 31, 2023
Visit site
I have a Brother P-touch CUBE label maker that has an app (P-touch Design&Print 2) you use to create labels for the label maker to print.

When I first got my label maker, I used it with an Apple iPod Touch. After my iPod broke, I started using a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 9 (One UI 1.0).

One of the features in the Design&Print 2 app is a list of fonts you can chose from for text on labels. When I used the app on my iPod, I had a big list of fonts to chose from but, after switching to my Galaxy S8, I noticed that the font list is not as big.

I am not sure where the Design&Print 2 app is pulling fonts from but I am wondering if there is any way to add fonts to my Galaxy S8?

I am not looking to change any system fonts on my Galaxy S8. I want to add fonts that can be used by apps, like Design&Print 2, where text fonts can be changed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
System fonts are the only 'pool' apps would have to pull from unless they have their own system/repository (which, in this case, it's more likely). If the latter is the case, you'd need to figure out if the fonts need to be downloaded directly from inside the app or if supported font files need to be placed in a specific app folder in your device.

From app reviews in the Play Store, however, seems there are a couple complaining in 2021 that the app used to have more fonts, so maybe they lost licensing rights and removed them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter