Incredible vs Nexus One

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
My brother is looking to get a new phone, and is torn between the VZ Incredible and the T-Mobile Nexus One. He lives in Los Angeles, where cell reception for both carriers is excellent. Here are some pro's and cons of each device, anyone else care to chime in?

T-Mobile Nexus One
Pros:
  • Higher capacity battery (1400maH vs 1300maH)
  • Dual Microphones + Active noise cancellation
  • Open bootloader
  • Stock Android & Updates direct from Google.
  • Color backlit trackball
  • GSM world phone
  • 20-30% lower monthly bill.

Verizon Droid Incredible
Pros:
  • 8MP Camera vs 5MP
  • 8GB internal memory
  • Optical Trackpad (*)

Everything else hardware wise is identical on the two phones. My brother prefers the trackball to the optical trackpad, because when we were in the store the other day, he felt the trackpad was slow and not as accurate, and he felt the trackball on the N1 would work better for games.

He does like that the Incredible has 8GB of internal memory; however, with Froyo right around the corner and likely to have Apps2SD, that would be a moot point. His biggest fear is if he gets an Incredible, come June when Froyo is release, he'll have to wait 6-8 months for HTC to update Sense for 2.2; while everyone on the Nexus One will get their updates immediately from Google.

What do you guys think?

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Trackball gets dirty... Blackberries are known for their trackball malfunctions.

Also the screen is better on Inc in terms of sensors. There is a video somewhere showing how Inc supports multi-touch MUCH better than the Nexus One. The screen sensors in the Inc are better.

Another thing to consider is.. what if the phone messes up/breaks/defects? For Nexus One you would have to send in to Google I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong).. and Inc you could just go to your local Verizon store.

BigRed905

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You forgot the pro that Sense completely dominates stock Android. My roommate who has a MotoDroid wants to port Sense to his phone after playing with my phone.

R

Roy Aguilera

Sounds like he is leaning towards the N1. Both are great phones and have their pros and cons.

The 8GB on board memory is not for apps. So Apps2SD is not the same as having that 8GB's.

Personally I went Incredible when I found out the N1 was not coming to us on VZW. I love the phone, hated sense (I now love it) and hate the battery. My only real gripe is the battery. Call quality is awesome though, I do not miss the dual mic deal.
I could also care less about the google Froyo. You know what I miss................................................................................

Cyanogen Mod.
Thats all.
Seriously.

brucerwillkejr

May 3, 2010
Visit site
In terms of a Development Community the Nexus is the way to go(CyanogenMod, need i say more?).

But as far as a 'features' comparison goes the Incredible wins.
Also as far as a reliable network outside of major metro areas Verizon owns T-Mobile.

When the Incredible has root user access and superuser permissions enabled there will be less that separates the two assuming Sense is able to be removed and native 2.2 is able to be installed on the Incredible.

As a Verizon customer who wants reliable coverage, I had to go with the Incredible. If we all wait for the 'next best phone' well we would never buy a phone b/c that happens monthly. Let's do out best to support the developers and not piss off the Nexus one developers too much because if we are nice and supportive maybe they will work to enable the features that the Nexus One has with root access to our Incredibles, cyanogenmod included.

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys! I do agree that both phones are very good. He may choose the Incredible if only for the fact he can play with it in the store before he buys it... but Cyanogen Mod and the hackability (and lower monthly cost) of the T-Mobile Nexus One may convince him otherwise.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87