OTA Gingerbread!

joebogey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So if I understand you correctly a factory reset then let the d/l come worked for you. I have so little on my phone I might just give it a try. Thanks.

I shut down the phone, then booted into the recovery menu (hold down the sleep/volume up button) then I selected 'Clear Storage' which I found out is fundamentally different than 'clear cache'. I then had to re-register the phone on the network. Before I could install any apps it popped up to install the update, it was the 87 mb file for a single update.

I did try to do the incremental update before and it always bombed out.

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried to force the update and did a factory reset instead of a clear cache from the recovery menu. However if you have the broken update, and are willing to reinstall/re-tweak your apps, go for it. After I reset it the upgrade popup came up withing 5 minutes, and it was the new 87 mb downlaod. Phone is much faster than it was before so it's up to you.

I just did a factory reset clearing both the phone and SD card. The install came through (8.7 meg update) and this time it worked. I am now on 4.08. Thanks for the information. Now to re-installing everything all over again. Here's to hoping this works with very few bugs. Thanks everyone for your support and input.

joebogey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I just did a factory reset clearing both the phone and SD card. The install came through (8.7 meg update) and this time it worked. I am now on 4.08. Thanks for the information. Now to re-installing everything all over again. Here's to hoping this works with very few bugs. Thanks everyone for your support and input.

Just saw this, if you go to https://market.android.com/ on your pc, go you your library and click install on all of the apps you had. Just try to connect to wifi first and it will start pushing down all of the apps. For any apps from amazon, you have to go through the phone app, but you also just click install and all that you want. Then let it sit there for about 20-30 minutes and you're good to go.

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this, if you go to https://market.android.com/ on your pc, go you your library and click install on all of the apps you had. Just try to connect to wifi first and it will start pushing down all of the apps. For any apps from amazon, you have to go through the phone app, but you also just click install and all that you want. Then let it sit there for about 20-30 minutes and you're good to go.

Wow!!! That was great! Thanks for the input. This made it very quick to install them all. I never even knew you could do this.

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I keep randomly getting the "you have a system update" message. This is now the third time I got it (got the second one two weeks ago). I haven't done anything with it yet. The last time I tried it, it gave the countdown to reset timer then did nothing...

I keep having that issue - countdown and then no reboot.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

joebogey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow!!! That was great! Thanks for the input. This made it very quick to install them all. I never even knew you could do this.

It's something new, I normally do not browse the market from my pc, but I just happened to be doing it about a week before I got the upgrade and saw the library. I know it wasn't there before, but thankfully they added it just in time.

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I installed this update my phone has been LESS reliable. I constantly get android.process.media force close error. And my camera doesn't save the pics I take nor can the gallery find my pics saved on the SD card.

Any ideas???

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
After the way HTC blew the upgrade for our DINCs and left a nasty bug in the update for the DINC2, I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaally driving myself nuts about going with the GNex or the Rezound. All differences in specs/personal needs aside, I just don't know if it's a good idea to trust HTC with upgrades anymore.

I want to be able to trust HTC. I just don't know if I can. :(

tranceformer

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I've been running the update for a few days now, not sure if i like it better than when i had Incredibly re-engineered. Although the persisten "UPDATE NOW" popups were quite irritating, not to mention gmail + google maps trying to update but end up failing.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Considering the bootloader is officially unlocked by HTC now, I suppose the official GB upgrade is less likely to happen. What do ya think?

It's not too hard to believe that HTC, after screwing up the upgrade twice, might prefer we get our upgrades from developer hobbyists at this point.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Considering the bootloader is officially unlocked by HTC now, I suppose the official GB upgrade is less likely to happen. What do ya think?

It's not too hard to believe that HTC, after screwing up the upgrade twice, might prefer we get our upgrades from developer hobbyists at this point.

What does one have to do with the other? The work is done on HTC's end. They may still be tweaking things but there would be no point in just scrapping it. Besides it's already been released. Do you mean there are STILL people waiting for this?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
What does one have to do with the other? The work is done on HTC's end. They may still be tweaking things but there would be no point in just scrapping it. Besides it's already been released. Do you mean there are STILL people waiting for this?

I've been waiting patiently for the third release - hoping it wouldn't break my phone as the previous releases did. I finally just rooted the phone.

I'm merely suggesting that HTC may see the official unlocking of the bootloader as a way to put "upgrades" in the DInc owner's court so that they can wipe their hands of the nightmare. haha

swimwatson

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got a used droid incredible that hadn't been updated with 2.3.4. All the links I've found don't work anymore....is there still the option to download and upgrade from some place?