krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Bad subject Line. should be "What does rooted mean?"

Gives you access to the areas of the phone you do not have when you get it. Allows you to access and change sections of the phone you don't have permission to without root access.

Search is your Friend.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Kind of relative. If you need it, yes. If you don't, most users won't care.

It can void the warranty on your phone and is typically for more technically inclined users. Most users of phones that can be rooted don't.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
what is it and what does it do for the phone???

In addition to what was said above, you should then be able to get rid of some of the crapware VZW has included with your phone. But you would want to be very selective lest you disable something integral to its operation.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Technically not available yet. The Desire has been rooted which is like the Euro version of Incredible and it was said that once the Desire was rooted the Incred should follow short after. Well that was about 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since. Also for others that want to know what root is, there is a definitely a thread about this somewhere on these forums. My guess would be the help and how to forum. Either perform a search or someone would be generous enough to post a link. I'm on my Droid so I can't at this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87