"Incredible" Ice Cream Sandwich

Daniel King

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
To further Phil's post of which devices will get ICS, I'm starting a thread to say, "I want ICS on my DInc, and I want it now!". The reason I feel like we as Incredible owners deserve it is because of the horrendous handling of the Gingerbread upgrade. If it isn't official, let's get it on the DInc anyway! Who's with me?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...good luck with that man.

Verizon could probably care less about the Inc getting it seeing as how the phone is past it's end of life date.

HTC has already said they're looking into how to integrate ICS with Sense...that doesn't sound promising.

When and if the Inc gets ICS it will be because of some clever developers/modders/hackers.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The DInc will get ICS - CM9.

Other than that I don't see HTC putting resources into porting Sense 1 to CS when they have to port Sense 3 and 3.1.

Don't get me wrong, It would be cool, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...good luck with that man.

Verizon could probably care less about the Inc getting it seeing as how the phone is past it's end of life date.

HTC has already said they're looking into how to integrate ICS with Sense...that doesn't sound promising.

When and if the Inc gets ICS it will be because of some clever developers/modders/hackers.

Let's hear it for those clever developers!

As much as I love sense, My eyes have been opened to the world of AOSP roms starting with MIUI (as long as you use a launcher) but everytime I touch my wife's D2 I'm reminded how bad it can be as well when compared to sense.

My guess is CM or MIUI will be your best options for getting ICS on your dinc. It won't be ICS with sense, but you'll get ICS. As much as I do like sense, I'm looking forward to the possibility of the Nexus Prime and getting the full on google love in timely updates. I'm sure you will see an ICS update for the Nexus one come out before most carriers release ICS for their newer phones.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
To further Phil's post of which devices will get ICS, I'm starting a thread to say, "I want ICS on my DInc, and I want it now!". The reason I feel like we as Incredible owners deserve it is because of the horrendous handling of the Gingerbread upgrade. If it isn't official, let's get it on the DInc anyway! Who's with me?

The DInc will NOT get official ICS w/ Sense. You'll have to root if you want it.

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Joelz is already on it.
I think he's the 1st to get ICS to boot on the Inc. It isn't ready, by any means, but it is in the works. I tried it out, just to see what it'd look like, and it is GORGEOUS.

Sent from my Business Gingersense 3.5 V2 Incredible using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
who names these updates:D

They are named by Google.

It's a long tradition in IT to have have software release code names and machine domain names stick to a sequential "theme."

Android's theme is Alphabetical Desert Names. Hence, Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Foryo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich (Most likely to differentiate the Icon on the lawn from the bowl of Froyo), Jelly Bean?...

I worked at a place once where the machine names were all Disney Characters. It led to some interesting conversations when we moved software from Pinocchio to Snow White, or from Dumbo to Minnie.

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with my DInc running Skyraider Sense 4.2 (Froyo), but would not be at all disappointed to see SkyRaider with Gingerbread, or especially ICS.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with my DInc running Skyraider Sense 4.2 (Froyo), but would not be at all disappointed to see SkyRaider with Gingerbread, or especially ICS.

I agree...a Gingerbread based Skyraider would be sweet...but it's not going to happen. The ROM developer who created Skyraider has moved on to a different platform and no longer develops for the Inc.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Without question, if ICS was released at some point on the OG DInc, I think a lot of people on this forum would delay getting the "Next Big Thing". But I am almost 100% positive it won't ever happen. Look how long it is taking for HTC to get a fully functioning (read: non-crippling, non-bricking) Gingerbread OTA update to us. And the Droid Incredible, even though it's still a very powerful phone, has already had 2 updates (if you want to call that borked version of GB and update) and is getting a little long in the tooth, technologically speaking. My money is on HTC pushing out a fixed version of GB and that will be it. The great ROM cookers in the community will get their hands on ICS and make tons of ROMs for all of your rooting needs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer