VZW CSR Confusion

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I ordered my HTC Inc. last week, the VZW CSR told me it came with a 16GB card. While surfing around for more specs, reviews. etc. I didn't read anything about the Inc. shipping with a card. I called back to confirm this, and the next VZW CSR I talked to said it doesn't come with a card, but it comes with 16GB built in. I told the rep I thought it came with 8GB, but he was sure it had 16GB built in. I don't think the reps know what they are talking about. They should know this stuff if they are selling it!

Anyway, can anyone confirm any of this, or provide correct info please?

Thanks. :)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
with OS loaded 'n such, the phone's internal storage is 6.60 GB. your external storage depends on your SD card -- up to 32 GB, I've heard.

early Inc recipients received a 2 GB external card, but I doubt VZW is doing that anymore.

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering about the 2GB card...I ordered my Inc on the 5th of May and it was delivered cardless. The card must have been for VERY early adopters.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have an 8GB I use with my Tour, so I am not too worried. Although, my Inc is replacing my 32GB iPod Touch as well, so I am going to have to do without all the videos I had loaded, and definitely slim down my music selection. I am still looking for a less expensive 16GB or 32GB card. (c:

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
VZW was indeed giving out 2BG Micro SD cards with the incredible. It was because of an Android bug where the OS does not recognize the 8GB of internal memory in all scenarios, causing some apps that need to write to storage to have problems. So unless the issue has been fixed you should be getting the SD card.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
SD cards where an in-store promotion. If you ordered over the phone or off the site you will not get one. Also the DI has 8GB of internal memory etc as stated above. After the O/S install and partition setup you only receive 6.60GB usable. But if you have a smart phone currently with an SD card or a camera with one you don't use you can use those too!

TDAY#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I ordered online a couple days after release and it came with a card so it wasn't just an in-store promo. Not sure if they are still doing it though.

bbfunnyman

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on the internet on April 22nd, recieved it on release date, and had the 2gb card with it. I seem to remember that one some screen, they advertised with a image overlay that I a 2gb card was included. -but I could be imagining that

Haven't taken it out of the box though, I have an 8gb from my Storm.

For advanced users, an SD card is a necessity, as it appears to be best practice to install 3rd party/non-market apps from a source on the SD Card, presumably to avoid a crash while installing.

You currently can not RUN apps from the sd card, but version 2.2 is expected to add this feature.

Last edited:

bbfunnyman

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
SD cards where an in-store promotion. If you ordered over the phone or off the site you will not get one.

I pre-ordered online and got mine, I think it was a pre-order special.

I've been wondering about the 2GB card...I ordered my Inc on the 5th of May and it was delivered cardless. The card must have been for VERY early adopters.

May 5th order date is a late adopter in my mind. :D

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
There are a few apps that I've encountered that need an sd card to function.

You can pick up a 2gb micro sd card for around $6 at Best Buy. 2 gb may not seem like much, but it's more than enough for most users, at least for a while that is.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you find reps that know what they are talking about, sometimes you don't. When I find one that doesn't, I tend not to go back to that store. Especially if you have a problem, because then you might just want to beat your head against the wall rather than deal with them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis