Dialer Storage HELP

xscreamskier7

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I had the same problem everyone else had with the latest GB update, and following instructions on 2 of the threads here I was able to get it installed. I'm now running 4.08.605.2, and think I have a handle on what's been causing the Low Storage message that originally prevented me from updating.

However, since updating I can NO LONGER "Clear data" for Dialer Storage in Application Manager. I remember specially being able to do that before the update (4.06.605.3), because I hesitated doing it while clearing up space until I backed up my SMS/MMS messages. I was able to get the GB patch installed, I backed up my messages, and then went to clear the data only to see it wasn't an option!

So, I manually deleted all my SMS/MMS messages, and Dialer Storage is still 15MB. I had read on other threads that when the SMS/MMS database gets corrupted and all message are lost (happened to me twice) that they aren't really deleted, and that clearing data is the only way to wipe them. Except, now I can't clear data for Dialer Storage anymore!

Anyone have any idea how I can reclaim that 15MB? Can I manually clear that data somehow, using hboot, or somewhere else? Anything that won't cause me to have to reinstall all my apps is what I have in mind.

I can't believe how screwed up this GB release has been, and once I though I finally had it, they took away my ability to clean up my own phone! Damn HTC....

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Dialer storage also contains your call history, though I very much doubt it's 15MB worth. You can try erasing it to see if you recoup any space but I think in this case, it's gonna take a factory reset..

g00dhum0r

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Im having the same issue. After the update all my contacts are repeating themselves in the dialer storage alphabetically from A to Z...I cant clear dialer storage either. Makes no sense to have all my contacts stored in Contacts and in Dialer Storage. I clear history and it just clears all the recent calls but I still have all my contacts listed in both Contacts and Dialer. i only want them in Contacts! Is anyone else having this problem after the update? Goto your phone dialer and scroll down and see if it lists all your contacts in alphabetical order.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Im having the same issue. After the update all my contacts are repeating themselves in the dialer storage alphabetically from A to Z...I cant clear dialer storage either. Makes no sense to have all my contacts stored in Contacts and in Dialer Storage. I clear history and it just clears all the recent calls but I still have all my contacts listed in both Contacts and Dialer. i only want them in Contacts! Is anyone else having this problem after the update? Goto your phone dialer and scroll down and see if it lists all your contacts in alphabetical order.

What you're experiencing is something different altogether. Sense defaults to displaying your contact list at the bottom of your call log. So when you're in the dialer, your call log appears above the dial pad, chronologically. It holds a default number of entries, and after that, comes your contacts. It doesn't mean they're duplicated - the dialer is just pulling them from your contacts for quick access - it's a Sense thing. Sense has always done this - it's not new since the update

g00dhum0r

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
What you're experiencing is something different altogether. Sense defaults to displaying your contact list at the bottom of your call log. So when you're in the dialer, your call log appears above the dial pad, chronologically. It holds a default number of entries, and after that, comes your contacts. It doesn't mean they're duplicated - the dialer is just pulling them from your contacts for quick access - it's a Sense thing. Sense has always done this - it's not new since the update

Thanks for the answer. I did not know that, probably because I never looked at the dial storage screen when I first got my phone to see that it does get stored there as well.

AudioCrackFkD

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having a simular problem with my samsung android wondering if someone can help. I deleted my Dialer Storage which in turn erased my APN. Now I cant get on the internet. When i go into Settings & to APN names, there is no APNs in that folder. I was wondering do I need to manually creat a new one or is there someone to get this. Thanx in advance if you can help.