Why do my pictures keep disappearing?

rahman1555

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
:):D:) Hey! i have the solution for me when my pictures disappeared it was becausei accidentally dragged the folder in to another folder so what i suggest you do is check every single folder around where your missing folder was and you will find it inside another folder. lol i almost **** my self when i thought i lost all my pictures.

warden204

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why do my contact pictures keep disappearing?

Hello, I have been to the Verizon store , called Samsung and all kinds of trouble shooting but no one can tell me why my contact photos only keeps disappearing? I have tried everything to fix this but after painstakingly putting all the picture back on my phone they DISAPPEAR! Does anyone have same problem and if so can you please tell me what I can do to fix this? Thank you so much.

davelsmithii

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have been to the Verizon store , called Samsung and all kinds of trouble shooting but no one can tell me why my contact photos only keeps disappearing? I have tried everything to fix this but after painstakingly putting all the picture back on my phone they DISAPPEAR! Does anyone have same problem and if so can you please tell me what I can do to fix this? Thank you so much.

We all have the same problem and none of the suggestions work and android doesn't answer any of the questions, ever ever. Time for a new phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

CVAngelo

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, perhaps "android" doesn't answer these calls into the wilderness because there is no "android" out there. But there is Google (you can go to the Google Forums) and there is XDA Developers (much more techie folks solving these problems).

As far as pictures disappearing, there are a several possibilities:

1. There is a virus/worm on the SD card which hides the folders and replaces the folders with a file with the same name but with a LNK extension. To resolve this, unmount the SD card, place into a virus connected PC, remove the worm, delete the LNK files and unhide the folders.

2. Adobe Flash Player may be the reason for the problem. Uninstall the flash player. You don't really need that on an Android device.

3. There are some cases of the official Twitter app being the issue. Uninstall it and use an alternative Twitter app.

Good luck. If these don't work, try a Google search.

bugfinder

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
[SOLVED.] After a long battle, I figured it out.

Power off the phone
Remove the SD card and put it in a card reader and connect it to a PC
Run "Cmd" that will open a command window
Type chkdsk /f drive : For example chkdsk /f E: (Most likely you will see a corruption found)
Add files from your computer. (Drag and drop)
Repeat chkdsk /f drive:
Safely eject card and plug it to your phone. Enjoy.

Regards, JD

aliincha

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
a whole months worth of pictures and videos had been erased, including our big family vacation, I have nothing left! so my phone had to be factory reset a couple of times and the last time I did it that's when the photos were lost, all my photos save unto my google account accept all of that months worth are gone. PLEASE help I have to get them back!! what do I do?

PlumBlossom13

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem as well and found that the phone was storing the pictures in one folder and looking for them in another folder. The best way to find the pics is to connect your phone to to your PC where you can see both drives of the phone, SD and internal, look for the DCIM folder and photo's will be located there. To change the settings of where you store your photos, while using the camera you will see a tab on the side of the screen, tap this and at the bottom there is a settings option, you can change this from SD to phone storage depending on where you would like to store your photos. After you have changed this I would assume that the phone will start looking for the photos in that folder. All of my pictures were still there and I moved them all to the SD card and changed the settings in the camera and have had no problems since.

My pictures are going directly to internal not to the sd card and i have lost all 200 pictures. Sometimes i lose them immediately right after taking the picture.... I'm a cellphone photographer.... Strangely there is no move to sd card on the lg stylo 2 plus.... I have soft reset and factory reset...forgetgoing to the place i pay the bill. They telling me to buy a new phone...i just got it a week ago. Barely installed 5 of my favorite apps that have given me no previous problems before. But somehow internet ads from Facebook are everywhere on my phone eating up memory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smdh 007

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
I just put all my pictures in folders, in Drive App. As soon as I was done all 10 folders disappeared. They are no where! The only safe thing to do is print them off the phone as soon as possible and stop letting google do anything. They just keeping making their products worse and more complicated. It's gotten insane.